First week

Discussion in 'Library/Media Teachers' started by PCdiva, Jul 1, 2010.

1. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Jul 1, 2010

What is everyone going to do for the first week of library....

3. wdwteach

wdwteach Cohort

Jul 1, 2010

HAHAHA! I have no idea. Hopefully survive. I will have to get back to you on this one. I guess first week is going over procedures with little ones and I don't know with big ones. :eek:

4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 2, 2010

During the first two weeks of school, all of our classes are scheduled in for an orientation visit with the librarian. She reviews procedures for signing out and returning books, gives a quick tour (our library is being reorganized during the summer so this will be particularly important), and gives book talks on anywhere from 3-5 books that are appropriate for that age group.

5. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Jul 2, 2010

wdw...that was one of my interview questions on Wed..."So its September, what are you going to do with your Kindergarteners who are new to theschool and library? What about the 5th graders?"

I said play a getting to know you game, go over the rules of the LMC, Read a book about a library-I named Shelf Elf bc it was what I could think of off the top of my head, in reality I wouldnt use that for K but I knew the interview panel wasnt familiar with it as they were admin. and not Librarians! and maybe walk around the library like a tour/follow the leader.

For fifth I said I would do a getting to know you activity and then maybe a library trivia so I could assess what they already knew. Also have students share what books they have read over the summer.

So I think I nailed the interview yesterday and also just got call back from the Wed. one for a Demo...both are k-5 so I want to start planning so I am ready!

6. wdwteach

wdwteach Cohort

Jul 2, 2010