First Vista Print Order

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Andrea L, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Andrea L

Andrea L Habitué

Jun 27, 2008

I just placed my first Vista Print Order. I got $80 worth of free stuff. Hopefully when it comes I'll really like it. I thought I'd try it out since all of you love it!

3. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Jun 27, 2008

I predict that you will become addicted like the rest of us!

4. princessa48

princessa48 Companion

Jun 27, 2008

I put in my first order yesterday...and went back on today for another round :) I can't wait to get my stuff!

5. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Jun 27, 2008

I received my first 5 (yes, 5 I am addicted) orders within 2 days of each other. My hubby and kids think I am crazy because everytime a box comes in, I am like a kid on Christmas morning.

6. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jun 27, 2008

My dh keeps giving me looks- every day this week I have gotten something from them. I love just about everything though (except the window clings). I have made a shirt I want to order, but don't know what else I want to make...

7. TeachtheWorld

TeachtheWorld Companion

Jun 27, 2008

What all do you order from Vista Print? I usually get business cards for my parents and a name stamp, but that's all. What am I missing out on? :)

8. katenar

katenar Cohort

Jun 27, 2008

I've been keeping track of everyone's orders with links on my site. You can check them out here and see what everyone has done: http://www.msjensenclass.com/Teacher_Resources/vistaprint_ideas.htm (Hey if I missed anyone's just send me the link in PM and I'll put you down)

Great ideas!!!! I'm just so sad I'm no a tight budget now that I have no paychecks coming in for the summer. :mad: I want to order more stuff!!!!!

9. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Jun 27, 2008

I just placed my latest order! I love that place too much. I can't wait to order some of those conference cards!! That is such a good idea!

10. teachertexas

teachertexas Rookie

Jun 28, 2008

Katenar - Thank you so much for putting all those links in one place. I sometimes see something and then can't remember it later when I am ready to order. Everyone has been such an inspiration!

I made cute business cards that say "Lunch Bunch Ticket - Collect five tickets and redeem for lunch with Ms. teachertexas and a friend."

I also made flat notecards with a superhero. At the top it just says "You Are Super". I thought they would be perfect for kids or adults.

I noticed when I looked through my order history that I have ordered from Vistaprint for three years, usually in the summer. And every single year I have ordered a "Please Sign and Return" stamp!:eek:
    Where have I been hiding these stamps? Clearly I need to check my order history before I order things from now on.

11. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2008

I have made things that I write often, or things that will make my life easier. I appreciate everyones ideas!!!

Have updated mine with the latest orders. Only things not included are my shirt orders (they are just personalized with my name & school). http://www.flickr.com/photos/27744036@N07/

12. Andrea L

Andrea L Habitué

Jun 28, 2008

Okay...so this is a sick habit. I've now placed two more orders because I looked at some of your ideas. I'm officially banning myself from VP for a while.

13. mrsamenakhan

mrsamenakhan Rookie

Jun 28, 2008

i have a question...

my supervising teacher 2 years ago, had this really cool neon looking notepads with her name on it. i tried finding it everywhere online but i couldnt. even vista print doesnt have it.
    they were really bright neon colors. pink, blue, green and yellow.

any suggestions?

14. TeachtheWorld

TeachtheWorld Companion

Jun 28, 2008

Okay. I'm now officially hooked on VistaPrint. I've only ordered business cards in the past. For the last 2 hours, I have been working on a huge order. Wow. They have a lot of free stuff right now. ;)

15. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2008

It is addicting... I think I have placed 7 orders this summer...

I don't "think" I am placing anymore though. Unless someone else posts a great idea lol :wub:

16. smannes

smannes Companion

Jun 28, 2008

I have placed 10 orders in the past 3 weeks. No more I tell ya ... (for now) :D

17. born2teach84

born2teach84 Comrade

Jun 28, 2008

I love vista print but be careful nobody told me but when you order you are automatically placed into their reward program which takes around 14 dollars a month out of the account that you used. You can cancel it at anytime but I didn't know why they were taking the money out and then I called one day and they told me why. I just placed another order a few weeks ago and they put me back in and took the 14 dollars out. I canceled through email but just watch your account. :)

18. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2008

You are only "automatically placed" if you click something on the last screen. I have been buying from them for 3 years now, and have never been charged anything extra.

19. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jun 28, 2008

You guys are nuts!! J/K :lol: I went to the website to check out what they had. There are a lot of free things but the shipping isn't cheap! Then, they suggest ALL of this other stuff that you MIGHT be interested in. I guess since they are giving you free things they try to get you to spend money on other stuff. I might place an order but I havn't decided yet. The only thing I need is something like business cards for when I start advertising for home tutoring. Someone on another post said you can get free postcards but I couldn't find where.

20. born2teach84

born2teach84 Comrade

Jun 28, 2008

I to have been orderding for three years and I have never checked anything and when I talked with them on the phone they said that is was automatic...maybe I am not unchecking something I should...I don't know what I did

21. thomps6

thomps6 Companion

Jun 28, 2008

I just received part of my first order today. I haven't had any extra money taken from my account. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

22. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Jun 28, 2008

You could start a brand new account. Maybe they sent an email one time that you responded to and it coded you somehow. I don't know but I bet if you started a new account you wouldn't have the problem anymore.

23. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 1, 2008

I have been ordering like crazy, but they haven't taken extra money out of my account. Good thing, too, 'cause I'm broke enough as it is!

24. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 1, 2008

I've heard not so good things about this company (from Mommaruthie (I think?) back in the day), but perhaps they've improved! But on the contrary, my best friend ordered business cards for her parents last year and still has several left to use for this following year. She received them promptly and they look great.

25. MS Candy

MS Candy Comrade

Jul 1, 2008

Thanks! Love the stamps, I knew there were more ideas....:up:

26. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 2, 2008

You are welcome :) I have been working to make things that make my life easier. Glad that they can help you!

27. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 2, 2008

That's the idea, loves2teach. I'm trying to work smarter, not harder.