first time substitute

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by shannon1023, Feb 25, 2006.

1. shannon1023

shannon1023 Rookie

Feb 25, 2006

Hi!
    I have my very first sub position in about a week. It's in a learning support classroom for 4th and 5th grade. It's only one day but I'm a little nervous about it seeing as how it's my first sub job EVER and I've never been in a learning support room before. My student teaching experiences were in classroom where no children needed learning support (I really lucked out!) Any advice??

3. NELNaples

NELNaples Rookie

Feb 25, 2006

Congrats on the new job. I guess everyone just sort of finds their own groove. Don't panic. Have fun. Don't let the little stuff get you down. I guess just the same advice as for life.

Are you going to be there just a day? Or is it more? Are you going to sub in other classes?

4. shannon1023

shannon1023 Rookie

Feb 25, 2006

Thanks! I'm so excited to actually be in the classroom and on my own. I'm in that class just for the day but I was told I'd probably be in the building alot (at least that's what I'm hoping for).

5. NELNaples

NELNaples Rookie

Feb 28, 2006

If you are there a lot make sure you have the teacher's discipline plan is something that is also applicable to you. I learned the hard way on the one. Good luck. Have fun. :) I am sure you will be great.