First Time Back to School

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MrsC, Aug 18, 2011.

1. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 18, 2011

Well, I can't stay away any longer. I'm going in to school for a couple of hours this morning, just to start "puttering"--getting things out of my cupboard and boxes. I don't officially have to be back until 2 weeks from today, but I feel "drawn" this week.

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 18, 2011

I have to go in next Thursday or Friday for New Teacher Orientation.

It's so sad to see summer ending, but it's time.

4. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Aug 18, 2011

MrsC, I hope you can get quite a bit completed. When my school let us come in over the summer to work, it was much easier to get my room set up. Now when all teachers come in the same week, I find that I spend much more time chatting than working.

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 18, 2011

I did that the other day...it was a cloudy day...unpacked my supply order, cleaned out my mailbox...
    It's inevitable.:unsure:

6. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Aug 18, 2011

I went in a week ago Wednesday to get furniture moved... I wanted to do that before everyone else came in and needed to borrow the custodial staff (they are a little anal at the beginning of teh year about moving stuff since they just waxed the floors.... so I let them dolly the bigger stuff :)).

I went in Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to get stuff organized. I spent half of yesterday cleaning out my desk, since at the end of the year, the drawers because a bit of a dumping ground. IT will be organized ONCE this year, might as well get off on a good foot :)

I end up talking a lot, too.

I still have things to do, but a lot of it is computer stuff, and we don't have access at school yet since they're redoing a lot of teh network stuff. I might as well work from home :)

7. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 18, 2011

I was in for about 3 and a half hours this morning and was the only teacher there. Of course, I spent over an hour talking to first one, then another of the caretakers, but that's okay--they're great guys and fun to talk to. I got everything into my desk, the student desks in my resource room arranged and some of my binders onto my bookshelf. I was also able to see how things will work with two of us sharing my small room this coming year (I've always been on my own). I also brought home some more things to go through and work on over the weekend. I'll be back in 2 or 3 mornings next week (I can go in as early at 6:00am) so that I'm more or less "done" before the week when everyone is there.