First thank you notes?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Miss J. Pre-K, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Miss J. Pre-K

Miss J. Pre-K Comrade

Jul 1, 2009

I had an interview today with 4 people: two principals, an elementary supervisor, and a Title 1 person. I'm going to send separate thank you notes, and I wanted to include a little personal thing each one said/talked about with me (to remind them that I was listening and that I'm awesome-haha).

When I talked to one about an trip I took to another country to observe their preschools, I noticed she kept playing with her bracelet. It was made of different Euros (European coins) and was really interesting. I wanted to tell her how much I liked it, but knew that wasn't professional. Is this something personal I can tie into the "we talked about me visiting foreign schools" antedote in the thank you? Or is that weird?

Also, one person simply asked questions and did not reveal much about himself. Should I just send him a "Thank you for the opportunity to interview. I hope you will keep me in mind for the _________ positions.

3. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 1, 2009

;)I think your ideas are good. I am not sure I would mention the bracelet until after you get the job. (Thinking positively) All the best!

4. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jul 1, 2009

I wouldn't address the bracelet, either.

5. Junebug

Junebug Comrade

Jul 1, 2009

Yes, sometimes when you have second thoughts about something, it is better to not and be on the safe side. You can always mention it later,in person when you have the job!