First Rejection Letter

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by teach101, Aug 15, 2007.

1. teach101

teach101 Companion

Aug 15, 2007

So last night I got my first rejection letter for a job I figured I did not get :blush: I proceeded to tell my four year old daughter I didn't get the teaching job I tried to get. She told me next time do this...and began to jump and and down and up and down (her way of showing enthusiam). It just made me laugh.

Kids are so great, they can take a low moment and make it a funny memory. I just wanted to share. If anyone else has a funny rejection letter story, please share!

3. mincc

mincc Companion

Aug 15, 2007

That was cute!!!!!:D

Don't get down-we have all had those letters. Some of us have had many of them. I like to see if the letters have any grammatical errors. They do, at times. Of the handful I have gotten, no one has spelled my name correctly.

My "favorite" one was the one written before we interviewed. The jobs were already filled and they made fools of us by bringing us in. Anyway they mailed the letters out the next day. There was NO way those letters could not have been written earlier, as there were many of us interviewing for multiple jobs. In the letter, I was thanked for the "special time that was shared during the interview experience." My mom said it sounded like I had been on a date!:haha: I have to laugh now.

4. teach101

teach101 Companion

Aug 15, 2007

Wow, I would be upset if someone made me waste my time if the position was filled. Oh and BTW, they spelled my name wrong too! Come on people, take an extra second, jeesh!

5. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Aug 15, 2007

I just received one from a district I interviewed with 3 months ago!! That was actually my 3rd letter but at least they bothered to send it. There are jobs I've interviewed for that I know I didn't get and didn't get a letter or anything. How rude!

6. Caseyjam

Caseyjam Rookie

Aug 15, 2007

I was pretty surprised when I received my rejection notice through an email. It was at the school that I had done my student teaching at and was familiar with the Principal and Asst. that I had interviewed with. Just seemed a little cold. But, since then they have been very supportive and have sent out recommendations to all the schools that I have applied to. It stinks that they'll recommend me to other schools but wouldn't take me at theirs. Ow well, they could have done neither I guess.

7. alphabet

alphabet Rookie

Aug 15, 2007

Ugh! I've gotten those too! I keep wanting to send them my receipts for gas for reimbursment, but that'd be too cheeky.