First Placement Over With

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by MrsCAD, Mar 3, 2006.

1. MrsCAD

MrsCAD Companion

Mar 3, 2006

Today I finished my first student teaching placement in 5th grade. I am really going to miss my students, but to tell you the truth, I'm so glad I'm done with it. My cooperating teacher was horrible. She was no help at all to me during my time in her classroom. Luckily, I have been in a classroom enough that me being left alone was not a big issue.

Here is the thing that really makes me glad I am leaving. I bought her a nice gift set from Bath and Body Works, she bought me this gawd-awful ugly vase and a pint of ice cream (did I mention that I have been dieting AND she knows this?:rolleyes: ). Anyway, she was actually in the classroom a little more today than she has been for the past 5 weeks. At the end of the day today when all my students are hugging me and telling me they are going to miss me :love: she does not even come back to the classroom and tell me Bye, Kiss My Butt, nothing! I even waited around for about 10 minutes to see if she came in. Another teacher walks into my classroom to tell my bye and while she is in there, my cooperating teacher calls her on her cell phone and this teacher tells me that Mrs. L says bye and she was glad you were here. THE WOMAN WAS SITTING OUTSIDE IN HER CAR AND COULDN'T EVEN COME IN AND TELL ME BYE!!!!! For the past 5 weeks I have been the classroom teacher, she would come in 2 times during the day to check her email, otherwise we never saw her. I'm just really upset by this.

All of my friends have been calling telling me their cooperating teachers had parties for them and I get $hit upon. She gave me a REALLY good evaluation so I don't think I did anything wrong and I thought we got along really good when I did see her, so I don't feel as if I did anything wrong.

I'm just ready to move on to 8th grade on Monday. No matter what happens there, I don't think it can be near as bad as what I just left.

Thanks for letting me vent! :thanks:

3. sofiluv

sofiluv Rookie

Mar 8, 2006

COngrats on wrapping up #1, I still have a week to go! Too bad about you CT, sounds pretty bad, but hopefully your next one will be more amiable...

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 9, 2006

That's a real shame the way your CT behaved. I'm wrapping up my 3rd block of student teaching. Each credential requires 2 blocks, but I'm now halfway through earning my 2nd credential. 1 more block & I'm completely done! My very 1st CT was not so good. Only seemed to use me for the extra help, didn't care if I learned anything. The 2nd CT I had was the best. She taught me a lot. The 3rd I have now is ok. Not bad, but not that effective. At least she isn't making me do all the work.