First Interview

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by teach'ntx, Aug 25, 2010.

1. teach'ntx

teach'ntx Comrade

Aug 25, 2010

Of the season and schools started one to two weeks ago :eek: (I don't count the music one as I am tone deaf and had to decline the interview out of respect to the students)

But I have an interview. It is for a charter school not really close to where I live and traffic will be a nightmare but the concept of the school is great!!!

Everyone - Keep hope. I may not have the job, but I was very discouraged prior to this call!!

I dropped off my resume yesterday on my lunch figuring it would be like the others, thanks but no thanks (ACP EC-6) . Instead I had a call from the principal this morning at 8:30 (during the 2 minutes I did not have my phone w/me at work).
    Called back and told the receptionist I was returning his call regarding the position and she said she or his secretary would call me back to schedule an appt. That was the longest 2 hours of my life.
    Now back to figuring out what I am going to say in the interview!!

3. Miss Snix

Miss Snix Companion

Aug 26, 2010

Good luck :)

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 26, 2010

That's wonderful.... good luck!

5. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Aug 26, 2010

Good luck!

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 26, 2010

Good luck!

7. teach'ntx

teach'ntx Comrade

Aug 26, 2010

Thanks for the good vibes everyone!!! I think it went really well, but don't have much to compare it to as it is my first. However, they did ask me to come back by to observe if I can get away from work.
    Needless to say I will be taking an extended lunch break (a little early) tomorrow at the school. I want them to see I am serious. And I know they are interviewing at least one person tomorrow.

8. teach'ntx

teach'ntx Comrade

Aug 31, 2010

Did not hear anything and refrences were not checked. Oh well. Still searching!!!

9. MissT34

MissT34 Companion

Oct 22, 2010

Don't get discouraged! I'm on the same boat. Things work out in a certain way for a reason, so keep searching and keep hoping! Good luck!

10. teach'ntx

teach'ntx Comrade

Oct 24, 2010

MissT34 - Keep the hope. I kept mine and got a call for another interview over a month later. I did really well, but they felt they needed to hire someone with experience (so I came in second). However, they thought highly enough of me that they recommended me to another school where I interviewed and got hired. I just finished my first week!!!!!

11. suzerich

suzerich Companion

Oct 27, 2010

Great news. I've been looking for a while, but I'm taking time off to do some stuff that needs to be done for me this fall. I'm hoping to either find a position in the spring, or maybe do Clinical Teaching. Right now, I'm subbing for 3 districts and working about 2-3 days a week.