First Interview: Help!!!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by rae85, Jul 19, 2013.

1. rae85

rae85 Rookie

Jul 19, 2013

I am trying to enter the teaching world with my first full time position. It has been the most heartbreaking/stressful summer I have ever been through. I have applied to a countless number of jobs with no word at all until now. I finally have an interview Monday, and I don't want to blow it.

Although I'm nervous about the types of questions they will ask me, I'm also nervous because I'm unsure of what to say during the "do you have any questions for us?" portion.

This school has very high testing scores, is a "4 star school" and an "A" accountability rating (Indiana). This position is for a high school social studies position.

What are some impressive questions I can ask that will show how interested I am to work there?

What are some of your toughest questions you have been asked during an interview?

Thanks for the help!!!

3. Croissant

Croissant Comrade

Jul 19, 2013

Possible questions to ask:
    - What kind of technology is available for classroom use?
    - How is their parental involvement?
    - What kind of support do they offer for first-year teachers? (Mentor programs, workshops, etc.)
    - What will your non-academic responsibilities (or opportunities;)) include?

Possible interview questions:
    - If I walked into your classroom on an ordinary day, what would I see?

- How would you accommodate a student who is struggling to keep up with your curriculum?

- What do you do with a student who isn't successful with the classroom managment system you use with the rest of the class?

- How would you integrate technology into your lessons/assignments?

- How would you handle an angry phone call from a parent?

Those are just what I can think of off the top of my head. Check out the job seekers forum. There's a bazillion questions on there. Good luck!