first interview and demo lesson

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by teachergirl404, Aug 27, 2012.

1. teachergirl404

teachergirl404 New Member

Aug 27, 2012

I need some advice.
    I have an first interview and demo lesson scheduled for today. I think I'm prepared.
    I'm thinking of 2 lessons. Which do you think is better?
    Either a first grade word wall lesson where the students spell the words with letter cut out then spell the words in sand for tactile referencing then I put them in cooperative peer groups for practicing. Or
    I was thinking of doing a 4th grade math lesson on angles where the students would make angles with their arms right, acute, obtuse, or straight in whole group. Then in small groups they would do an angle search work sheet where they would have to find the most angles either right acute obtuse.

Not sure which is better.
    But I called the school to see how many people I would be demonstrating infront of, and if it was students or administrators. All the secretary would tell me is she did not know. So I am going in blind not knowing if it is students or adults or how much material I should bring with me. Is this normal with demo lessons. (It is my first)
    Thanks for your help.

3. mathgeek12

mathgeek12 Rookie

Aug 27, 2012

I've only done one demo lesson before, and she specifically told me that there would be four administrators at the most, there would be no technology but there would be a white board, and she asked me to prepare a lesson on an algebra 1 or a geometry topic. If I were you, I would try to call the person who will be conducting the interview or, at the very least, see if the secretary will look into it for you. Personally, I may have chosen a different lesson if I had the opportunity to teach students and have them work in groups...it's good to have the information so you can be as prepared as possible. Hope you can find out, and good luck! :)

4. njteach41

njteach41 Middle School Social Studies Teacher

Aug 28, 2012

good luck!

5. acl1974

acl1974 Companion

Aug 28, 2012

How did it go?

6. holiday12

holiday12 New Member

Aug 28, 2012

First grade teacher interview questions

Any one can help me First grade teacher interview questions?

7. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Aug 28, 2012

Check the interview questions under the job seekers thread which is in the special interest section.

8. biggirl

biggirl New Member

Aug 29, 2012

You can ref some interview questions as follows:

Tell me about yourself?
    What are your biggest strengths for Teacher?
    Why did you leave your last job?
    What are your career goals for Teacher?
    What kind of salary would you require to accept the position: Teacher?
    Why should we hire you over the other candidate?
    What is your system for evaluating student work?
    What would be the ideal philosophy of a school for you?
    What have been your most positive teaching experiences?
    Could a student of low academic ability receive a high grade in your classes?

You can ref more 170 teacher interview questions & answers at: azjobebooks.info/170-teacher-interview-questions or 103 common interview questions and answers.

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 29, 2012

There have been several of these kinds of exchanges embedded in ongoing threads lately...a newbie first time poster will ask about interview questions and then another newbie responds with this same azjobebooks resource website...I'm starting to think its a promotion or a class assignment, but since it's occurred in a few threads, maybe these should be moderated or moved to their own thread...bottom line, I don't really think they are looking for advice from members here...