First grade Parent's Christmas gifts???

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by srfjeld, Nov 30, 2009.

1. srfjeld

srfjeld Companion

Nov 30, 2009

Hi,

I'm a newish teacher trying to decide what I should have my first graders make for their parents Christmas presents. Last year I had help from an art teacher but she is no longer at our school.

What will you have your kids make?

Thank you,

Stephanie

3. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Nov 30, 2009

When I taught First Grade we made Snowmen containers out of pringle cans and filled them with hard candy or popcorn.

1. Cover the can with white construction paper. I just taped it on the back.

2. Make a face and add buttons. You can have them glue on things or draw with markers.

3. Add a scarf. Tie a thick Christmas ribbon.

4. Then for the hat I bought kids white socks with red or blue stripes. I cut off the top part and tie the part where I cut with a piece of yarn and put it on top of the can. It looks like a stocking cap.

5. Don't forget to fill with candy or popcorn.

Also, I would use the other part of the socks to make puppets.

4. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Nov 30, 2009

Take 3 popsicle sticks and paint them white. Glue them together criss crossed, kind of like an X. Put a little picture of the child on the middle. Sprinkle glitter on it. It is a snowflake. Glue a ribbon on the back so it can hang from a tree. I actually was at the craft store this evening and bought some glitter.

5. word girl

word girl Rookie

Dec 2, 2009

make 'salt dough' - I think the recipe is 1 cup flour, 1 cup salt, 1 cup water -

The kids can make anything - a dish, a bowl, a little sculpture, or even a handprint. Bake the dough in an oven or air-dry and when it's dry, have the students paint it with tempera paint.

http://kids.creativity-portal.com/d/recipes/salt.dough.shtml