First few weeks...anxiety

Discussion in 'General Education' started by sweetlatina23, Aug 8, 2012.

1. sweetlatina23

sweetlatina23 Cohort

Aug 8, 2012

Why is it that I always feel anxiety during the first few weeks. I love my job, it's a huge blessing. However, tomorrow is barely day two and already I don't want to go in. This morning I was super nauseous. All the other teachers were eager to eat the breakfast they provided us.

I know naturally i am an anxious person, but am I really the only one. What helps you relax? Once I get in the swing of things I am fine. Even with a small class I wish I could just stay home.

Mostly, I needed to vent and pray that I'm not crazy to feel this way.

3. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 9, 2012

I'm a naturally anxious person too. It took a couple of years for me to not feel so anxious and nervous anymore on the first day of school.

I remember having the stomach aches, nausea, dry mouth, fast heart beats, all of that. Now, I'll get a bit excited, but that's it. I guess I'm just used to it.

To help me with first day jitters, it really did help for me to plan and prepare ahead as much as I could. Also, I think I matured and grew into a much more confident person. I think part of my nerves was due to being young and just so new to this whole world of teaching.

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 9, 2012

I always get the jitters those first few days.

5. mclaugcr

mclaugcr Companion

Aug 9, 2012

I am a super anxious person. I am moving to a new grade level at a new building this year. School doesn't start for a few more weeks yet, but already feel like I swallowed a rock whenever I think about school. :( You are not alone! :hugs:

6. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Aug 9, 2012

I get nervous too, it helps for me to be very prepared and get to school extra early for a few days to get things set up as best I can. For relaxing, I like to read (nonschool stuff!), then I can't focus on school stuff.

7. sweetlatina23

sweetlatina23 Cohort

Aug 9, 2012

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Today went really well. It's just different. I miss my old class.

8. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Aug 10, 2012

I'm right there with you! I get those jitters as well. I think it's just the change of everything all at once.

9. HistTchr

HistTchr Habitué

Aug 10, 2012

I'm always nervous/anxious on the first day of school. I don't think that feeling will ever go away completely.

10. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Habitué

Aug 10, 2012

I am always nervous/anxious/excited when school starts. Some years (like this one) it is worse than ever. But, I think I'd be worried if I didn't have those feelings to some degree.

11. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Aug 10, 2012

Our first day with the kids is Monday. I'm really feeling the jitters now!