First Days of School

Discussion in 'New Teachers Archives' started by Guest, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Jul 22, 2002

"First Days of School" by Harry Wong --Run to the bookstore to get this book - especiall if you are a first year teacher. It is great! It is not long at all and has very helpful hints. It is a required book for all first year teachers in my system. I HIGHLY recommend it!!! - Everything: procedures, rules, lesson plans, setting up the room..and much more!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Jul 24, 2002

I am very nervous about the first day of school. I need some advice

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 11, 2002

Don't be nervous. Relate to your kids, state your plans and expectations with authority, laugh often but never at bad behavior even if it is funny, sympathize with the students, but assure them that they can succeed, never embarrass anyone, share enough about yourself personally, but not too much, be their friend, but be their teacher first.
    Good luck. You will be fine!!

5. mandy1221

mandy1221 Rookie

Aug 12, 2002

I absolutely agree about Harry Wong's book. I had to buy it for one of my college courses. I never read it then...but I just read it the other day. It really eased my nervousness. I would definately recommend it for any new teacher!!!:D

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Aug 12, 2002

i am a homeschool teacher can i still use this website to think of ideas.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Aug 15, 2002

If you are looking for this book there are like 12 of them posted on ebay for half the price than in the bookstore. I myself have bid on this title.