First days activities

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by Mercy, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Mercy

Mercy Rookie

Aug 7, 2007

I need some advice I want to do a bulletin board in my room that has sort of an all about me theme I would like to have some kind of little sheet that tells the students favorite foods toys colors etc. and put each child's picture up. Any idea where I could find such a sheet to use? also I am thinking of combining this with their picture schedules anyone have any great ideas about how to work this ? I have kinder gardeners and first graders in an ERC classroom.

3. SpecialTeacher

SpecialTeacher Rookie

Aug 8, 2007

The way that I've seen this before is just with some background paper and a nice border. Maybe something creative with construction paper backgrounds behind the pictures, etc. I'm going to be doing something like that with my kids so that their IEP goals are posted for my aides and support staff to see. Does that help?

4. BabyAngel

BabyAngel Rookie

Aug 9, 2007

I did All About Me posters with my seventh graders the last two year and am planning on doing them with my K-2 kids this year. I cut poster board in 1/2 and gave them to the kids with instructions (I'll have to type them out this year, but 7th graders can take it and run). They took them home and they were told they could put anything on there they wanted that would tell me and their classmates about themselves. This could be pictures of themselves and their families, things cut out of magazines, stickers, pictures they drew, etc. Last year was nice because I had the poster I made for myself to show as an example, then I did a new one. I used pics of my family and pets, pictures of things I enjoy in my free time, stickers that described me... My aide last year did one, too. Most of the kids really loved them and I got some phenomenal posters and some great insights into who my students were. I have to clean out my classroom from last year tomorrow. I'll try to take a picture of my posters and post them to give you an idea. It's a really great project and it involves the parents, too.

5. newtothis2006

newtothis2006 Rookie

Aug 12, 2007

I was thinking of doing the same thing with my kids (7/8th graders) It's important to get to know who they are and this is a great activity they can do without feeling put on the spot. (You know where the teacher makes you stand up and tell us about yourself.) I was at teacher supply store recently and they had a bulletin board set that included mini posters shaped as stars that students filled in the blanks to various questions. You could put pictures on them too. I'll see if I can find it on their website and post it if I do. They were really cute, I might by them myself.

6. newtothis2006

newtothis2006 Rookie