First Day Today

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MrsC, Sep 2, 2008.

1. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 2, 2008

Well, today is the first day of the 08/09 school day. I always loved the first day of school, and I still do. I love that each year is a chance to start over and refine our practice. I have some apprehensions about a couple of the teachers I will be working with, but am putting those aside. Today is the first day of a great year!!

Good luck to everyone else who begins today. Have a great time--it's so exciting!!!

3. Becky123abc

Becky123abc Rookie

Sep 2, 2008

It's my first day too. I hope everyone's having a great day!

I'm nervous...really nervous.

It's rainy and windy here...no recess today!:eek::(

4. Alisha

Alisha Cohort

Sep 2, 2008

No recess on day one! AH!

It'll still be a great day! :) It's my first day, too. I go from insanely nervous to SO EXCITED!

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 2, 2008

Good luck today everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 2, 2008

MrsC, that's a great outlook to have as each new year approaches. The only 1st day for me this year was last Mon as I returned to college as a student myself.

Good luck to you & everyone!
    :)

7. Carmen13

Carmen13 Groupie

Sep 2, 2008

Hope it is a great school day for you MrsC.
    I always feel nervous on the first teaching day of school, and wish I didn't!

8. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Sep 2, 2008

MrsC- it's like a brand new year with no mistakes in it.

Day 11 with kids for me and it's been great. They are precious.

Hope everyone's year is awesome!

9. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 2, 2008

Great day today--although it's always surprising how after about an hour it feels as though you've never been gone!

Some of my students I was expecting didn't show up and some new special ed students came in. I'll have to make some phone calls tomorrow to find out a bit about them and try to track down a couple of the "no-shows".

I'm dog-tired and am not looking forward to having to pick up my daughter from soccer at 9:00 tonight (I'd rather have dinner and go straight to bed).

Hope everyone else who started today had a great day!

10. MsWK

MsWK Habitué

Sep 2, 2008

I also love the chance to "start over" each year. My husband asked me the other day if I liked having a job that was so cyclical. I do. I really do.

11. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Sep 2, 2008

2 kids on wrong bus

Well, the morning class was fine.....

The afternoon class was a disaster because two kids were on the wrong bus! The parents are ticked off! I talked, I apologized, I listened to my principal, the parents came, got their kids, and when I called back after they got home, they were still complaining. I don't care what I said, my name was mud.

but I asked my principal, over and over again...I need the list for the bus riders. Told me it was almost finished, I would have it in my mail box by Friday! :eek:hmy: It didn't help that several parents brought their children, and came back to pick them up. So I was really mixed up! Walkers were on the bus, bus riders were walking home, Kindercare kids were riding home with parents, so Kindercare driver was yelling at me, knowing she dropped off 3 kids, and where are they?! Oh, and one dad says, I have 2 kids at middle school, and 1 in high school, so is it okay if I come around 3:30pm Uh, No!!! Me and my assistant are both off the clock way before then!! What was he thinking???

sigh! :(

12. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 2, 2008

MPK-it will get better as the year goes on. The first day, especially with the young ones, are going to be hectic because kids that would normally be doing one thing are picked up by parents because its their first day of school. I'm sure tomorrow will be much better!

13. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Sep 2, 2008

I hope you had a GREAT day. My first day it tomorrow and I am a bundle of nerves. It feels like my first year all of a sudden. I feel like my kids are BABIES and I have no idea what they will be like when they all get together!

YIKES!

14. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 3, 2008

Have a great day today, MissFroggy!

15. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Sep 4, 2008

MissFroggy... my kids ARE babies!

One boy made faces at me, cried, and complained all day long....

and when it was time to leave, he grabbed my leg and refused to get on the KinderCare bus! I had to pick him up and put him in his seat!! Didn't want to do anything all day, but didn't want to leave me when it was time to go.

I love pre-K!!!

thanks STG... It was much better today!