First Day Binder

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by justfine, Jun 14, 2009.

1. justfine

justfine Comrade

Jun 14, 2009

Do you get a literacy or math binder from administration or coaches on the first day of school? If yes, what is included in the binder? If you don't get a binder, what would you like to include in one?

3. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Jun 15, 2009

We get a school binder, in which the literacy coaches have added things. It has school policies and so much other stuff it is not even funny! Literacy papers, RTI papers, discipline suggestions, The First Six Weeks of School stuff, etc. To be honest, after the first staff meeting, I never opened it again. I chuckled to myself when the P. said she wanted to update them over the summer! What a waste of trees!!
    What would be nice is this: school policies, graphic organizers to use for guided reading, a list of all the books in the book room to use for guided reading, math resources and strategies to help us bring up our math scores, a curriculum map for grade levels to use, a master copy of all specials (in case you have to switch with another teacher), and a list of "best practices" that the staff has contributed to, and that has been tried and true! Now that binder I will use!!!!!!

4. snickydog

snickydog Groupie

Jun 15, 2009

Like knitter, we get a school binder that has necessary information and paperwork (the checklist teachers are evaluated on, copy request form, emergency drill info, etc).

I like the idea of having a school wide curriculum map, graphic organizers used in each grade, a general guideline of skills students should have learned from the previous grade and a list of skills students will need next year, read aloud titles housed in the library, etc.

5. shasha379

shasha379 Devotee

Jun 15, 2009

We get one, but I don't think I even opened mine this year other than to add new things during a pre-planning staff meeting. I'm one of those give it to me when I need it types. All of that paperwork is overwhelming, especially when I have memorized all of it.