first day: all about me project- person

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by ShanaNicole, Aug 7, 2011.

1. ShanaNicole

ShanaNicole Rookie

Aug 7, 2011

When I did my clinical hours in a 2nd grade class the teacher had this project that was aprx 3 pages long, and it was in the shape of a child. The kids decorated the person to look like themselves then cut the pieces out and glued them together. In the center piece there was a part that said "All About _______" and there were a couple different questions like favorite color, favorite food, etc. I loved the idea and I really want to do it with my 2nd graders but I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have anything like this or know where I can find it?
    Please help!!

Thanks!

3. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Aug 7, 2011

I am doing a bio-glyph activity. Where they decorate faces with different things that tell about them (how many freckles is your age, curly hair if you like math best, etc) If you are interested I will send you a link :)

4. ShanaNicole

ShanaNicole Rookie

Aug 7, 2011

I don't think my 1st graders would understand enough, but thank you :)

5. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Aug 8, 2011

I just had a panic attack thinking about setting those little ones free with scissors and glue on day one. LOL. I'm very much a "let's establish the expectations and then get creative" person.

6. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Aug 8, 2011

I would love to see the link to your glyph! Sounds fun! Would you mind posting?