Fingerprinting in TX

Discussion in 'Student & Preservice Teachers' started by kaymurr, Oct 9, 2007.

1. kaymurr

kaymurr Rookie

Oct 9, 2007

I'm trying to find a job on permit while in an ACP. A friend who is also in (another) ACP and currently teaching told me that the background/fingerprinting process, which had to be completed before she got her permit, took awhile--and that I should go ahead and start.

Thing is, I went through all this a couple years ago while adopting internationally. Both the state of TX and the FBI have my prints on file. Do I need to do it again? Does anyone know? My program was not very helpful in answering.

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Oct 9, 2007

I'm not sure. I would try calling a district to find out or log on to SBEC and read under the fingerprinting tab.

4. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Oct 9, 2007

Most likely you will have to do it again. SBEC wants you to do it through them specifically. The only people who seem to be exempt are those that have been fingerprinted by SBEC for other jobs (aides, for example).

5. maserz

maserz Rookie

Oct 9, 2007

Like Tasha said, you'll probably have to do it again. I just finished getting my New Mexico license and had to get fingerprinted in July. Texas made me redo it a week ago for them. I think the SBEC does want you to specifically through them...why, I don't know....Good LucK!

6. kaymurr

kaymurr Rookie

Oct 9, 2007

Thanks all!

7. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Oct 9, 2007

In California, it is even more crazy. You have to do fingerprinting for each individual school district. So...if you are subbing in 5-6 different districts (entirely plausible in our city) you have to go through the effort, expense and time to get fingerprinted in each different district. There should really be one data base.