So what the hell happens in the following situation? I was offered a job and accepted it, returned all of the employment paperwork, got fingerprinting done, etc etc etc. I've met all of my dept members, know what classes I'm supposed to teach, etc, etc, etc. The school board is meeting tomorrow and I'm supposed to have my contract afterwards. The semester ends on Friday. My fingerprint clearance has still not come back from DOJ, yet. School starts next semester on January 8th, January 6th is the report date for teachers. I was told by HR I "can't start work" until the clearance comes back. What on Earth happens if nothing comes back before the end of the semester? Do they just go find someone else to take my job that already has clearance in the county and give my job to that person? We don't even have a signed contract yet bc the boars hasnt met since I was offered the job. Do they have a sub just sit there with the kids until my clearance comes back? Would I have to wait until the next board meeting in January to get my contract, either way? I'm a little freaked out by all of this, as something ALWAYS seems to blow up in my face if it can. I was offered the job 3 weeks ago and got livescanned 3 days later. Can I really somehow lose out on a position I've already accepted bc of a bureaucratic delay that is totally out of my control?