FINALLY!!!

Discussion in 'New Teachers Archives' started by Stacey23, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Stacey23

Stacey23 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006

I am very excited to announce that after 2 weeks of cleaning and a week of pre-planning (most spent setting up my room still) I am finally ready for my first day of school on Monday! It took a LONG time to go through all of the old teachers stuff and clean the room (I used 2 things of disinfecting wipes). I finally got to sit down with my mentor today and write lesson plans. I didn't leave the school til 630 tonight, but everything was in place and ready to go. I left feeling like the room was really mine now!

I just want to let all the people out there who are in the same situation as I was. Taking over a room that is messy and has a ton of stuff left over is very overwhelming. Just take your time. Write a to-do list. And do one thing at a time! It will all come together eventually and you will be very proud to show off your new room! Good Luck everyone!

3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 4, 2006

Congratulations on completing a big job! Relax a bit this weekend and have a great day on Monday!

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 4, 2006

Doesn't it feel good, Stacey? I set a goal today of getting my walls done. I had already spent a full day going through my posters and displays, weeding out, sorting. It takes so long to do everything - especially when you have to stand on things to reach.

I hope you have a great first day. What county are you in?

5. MissB

MissB Companion

Aug 5, 2006

That's wonderful! Have fun!

6. Pixiewannabe

Pixiewannabe Comrade

Aug 5, 2006

Congrats and Good Luck on your first day of school

7. hhennigan

hhennigan Rookie

Aug 5, 2006

Congrats and enjoy your first day! You will have more confidence now that the room is Yours.

8. Stacey23

Stacey23 Rookie

Aug 5, 2006

Thank you everyone for your kind words!

Upsadaisy- I am in Orange County. You?

9. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 5, 2006

Palm Beach County - private. Have a great day Monday.

10. elem_teacher3

elem_teacher3 Companion

Aug 5, 2006

Stacey, I understand what you are saying. I have been working in my room for 5 days now and everyday bit by bit it is becoming more and more my room. I still have 4 to work until we begin new teacher orientation on the 11th. This is my second year teaching and my second 'new' room. I am at a place that I love and I don't see myself moving anymore.

You are right...cleaning out a room and organizing it to your standards is very overwhelming. But just like you said..bit by bit and task by task it comes together.

Enjoy your first year. It get overwhelming at times but realize there will ALWAYS be something to do regarding school and that you are not a super human...leave it and take some personal time. If you keep at it when you are at school it will finally all get done.

Have a great 1st day of school!!