Finally found out the truth!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Pi-R-Squared, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Pi-R-Squared

Pi-R-Squared Groupie

Nov 19, 2019

For those not in the know, I once worked at a high school where the P tried to get me to accept "a deal" where I would resign my position and he said he would hire me back if he didn't find someone and I didn't find another job........

Well, after some recent conversations, I found out that my replacement was found TWO DAYS after my last day of work.... So the whole "contact me in July" spiel was BS. Also, the middle-school math teacher who the P kept saying was in the running for my job if she passed the text NEVER took the Praxis for HS math!!! The P lied to me about that, too! I also attended graduation at that old school and the P and I talked a little bit. He told me that it was hard for him to find a replacement but was glad things worked out for the both of us.... I kinda nodded but knew deep down he was lying about having a hard time replacing me.

Boy, oh boy... Everyone here kept telling me not to trust him and sure enough..... the truth comes out and this makes him look very bad....

MrTempest and Backroads like this.
  3. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Nov 19, 2019

Just chalk that up to listen to your intuition...and thank your lucky stars that you left that position.

MrTempest likes this.
  4. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Nov 19, 2019

Just be thankful you don't have to deal with that nitwit any longer!

5. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Nov 19, 2019

Did you really think that we were trying to steer you wrong? That guy was a piece of work, and our comments were simply meant to give you a different perspective that seemed quite clear to many of us He was all about himself, and I wouldn't have trusted anything that he said.

ecteach likes this.
  6. Pi-R-Squared

Pi-R-Squared Groupie

Nov 20, 2019

It was really a lot of people on this message board trying to warn me and I'm thankful for everyone here who knew what was going on....

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  7. Pi-R-Squared

Pi-R-Squared Groupie

Nov 20, 2019

Yep, and hindsight plus adding other pieces of information just makes it that more obvious... I'm grateful that I'm not getting those same vibes here.... No one's told me to find another job closer to home.... In fact, the only person telling that is myself!

Tired Teacher likes this.
  8. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Nov 20, 2019

Glad that you feel different in this school. Just hang on to what they talked about during that last observation and respond accordingly. I think you could be very happy there, except for the drive. That said, I am into year 7 of almost a 100 mile round trip five days a week, but that doesn't negate my satisfaction.

9. Pi-R-Squared

Pi-R-Squared Groupie

Nov 20, 2019

I have many days that go either way. Some days I really like getting to school... Then other days, I feel unappreciated and it seems the kids don't want to learn... part of me wants to see what could be out there closer to home.... but this is my 3rd year here and I'm not getting any indication that they want to make changes...... the AP has told me that teachers leave here for basically 2 reasons.... either they "mess up", i.e., do illegal and immoral stuff OR they don't like it here.... At this moment, I haven't done anything illegal or immoral AND I like it here (on most days). This morning, I was dreading the drive but it was mainly because my stomach is upset but it seems to be dissipating. The P has told me that he sees much improvement from last year to this year.... So, all in all, time will tell on how things go.... Possible future job postings that are closer to home that list math/CS will be very tempting...

Tired Teacher likes this.
  10. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Cohort

Nov 22, 2019

What a slimeball of an admin! I have worked for what I think is the best admin and pretty low on the scale admin. Dishonesty like that is rotten. I have dealt w/ a lot of it, but not to that extent. Even w/ the commute, it seems like you are so much better off. Your new P seems cool enough. Best of luck getting closer to home.