Finally back after Winter Break.. Kids come back Friday right before MLK Holiday...

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Pi-R-Squared, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Pi-R-Squared

Pi-R-Squared Connoisseur

Jan 13, 2022

So, what in the world should I actually expect the kids to be able to do?? We've all been off from December 18th and the kids will return just in time before a 3-day weekend! Any advice? My own school-aged children went back to their school last Friday and told me they didn't do anything!

3. creativemonster

creativemonster Cohort

Jan 15, 2022

In my school we had high absenteeism - heavily impacted by covid. We are still trying to figure out who is really testing positive, and whose parents might have pulled them to attend school on line. We are starting very slowly. I gave them work, but I realize some might end up far behind others. I would say be prepared to work, and be prepared to have discussions, and attend to social emotional needs. not much definitive advice, I know - but that seems to be where many schools are with all of this.

4. whizkid

whizkid Connoisseur

Jan 15, 2022

Many haven't, on or offline. :oops:

Guess everyone is still trying to figure all of this out. We weren't in-person three days before going virtual for a week and half, no telling how long we'll actually be out.