Finally a Good Sale!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by CFClassroom, Aug 7, 2010.

1. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Aug 7, 2010

Starting tomorrow Walmart will have:

Crayola 24 pack crayons - .25 cents
    Crayola 10 pack markers - $1.00
    Crayola 12 pack color pencils - $1.00
    Elmers Glue and 2 pack glue sticks - .25 cents
    70 page spiral notebooks - .15 cents

Staples said they will price match so you could put this towards the $5.00 minimum if you are looking to get the .01 cent filler paper.

Remember: Target will price match so go there if it is closer/easier.

Also if you have an AC MOORE nearby they will price match + take an extra 10% + an extra 5% if you have the teacher card.

3. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Aug 7, 2010

This might be a silly question, but how do you price match? Do you just say "Walmart has these for .25 cents." and they believe you? Do you have to have an advertisement with you?

Thanks.

4. peridotylayne

peridotylayne Companion

Aug 7, 2010

We've had that Wal-Mart sale going on here for almost a month now. It's actually going to end next week I think. That makes me sad that you've had to wait this long to go school supply shopping. :(

5. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Aug 7, 2010

I went to Walmart for the sale which has already started here but I went too late - there were 4 formidable looking nuns with shopping carts piled to heaven with everything I wanted and nothing left on the shelves. My husband offered to steal from their carts but I thought that wasn't a good idea - lol! Will try another Walmart.

As to price matching, I think you can just bring the flyer with you from the competing store but the only time I ever did it they already knew and did it as soon as I asked.

6. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Aug 7, 2010

I noticed that Target also had some items on sale. The folders I got 10 for $1.50 are now only $1.00 - I bought like 20 sets, so I could have saved like $10.00. But the stuff was pretty picked over, so I was kind of glad I got them when I did.

SCMom-yeah, probably not great karma to steal from a nun's cart-but what a supportive hubby!

7. 4myclass

4myclass Cohort

Aug 7, 2010

Anyone see a sale on 3 ring binders?

8. aThriftyTeacher

aThriftyTeacher Rookie

Aug 7, 2010

Thanks for the heads up! I went today and stocked up on crayons since mid-year we always run out and of course they are back to being expensive at the stores. :)

9. missalli

missalli Companion

Aug 8, 2010

Staples recently had a binder sale... not sure if it's still on, but wouldn't hurt to check.

10. caslan

caslan Rookie

Aug 8, 2010

Just FYI :) Wal-Mart also price matches. Just take the staples (or any other competitors ad *within 50 mile radius*) to the cashier and they will comp their prices for you. Sometimes they like to give a bit of attitude, but I always have my ad handy, and I've been known to print off the wal-mart corporate price-matching policies and have them in hand.

11. caslan

caslan Rookie

Aug 8, 2010

forgot to add a few bargains I found this week (if you don't have the circular, you can usually print them off of the company website, wal-mart will match those too, as long as they are withing the radius!)

Walgreens:
    Glue Sticks (2 pk) $.19
    Poly Portfolios $.29
    Crayola Markers (10 pk) $.99

Fred's:
    Pocket Folders $.20

And of course, the Staples $.01 filler paper!

12. 4myclass

4myclass Cohort

Aug 8, 2010

:mad:I went to Walmart and the crayolas were $1.14 for a pack of 24. What is up with that?

13. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Aug 8, 2010

We don't have all the competition in Oklahoma. So Walmart does not do the sales on the same level. That is one reason I don't shop at Walmart. If you are close to a Target, they have the crayons on sale. Also I bought scissors for my daughter yesterday and then stopped at Hancock's for some thread and saw the same scissors there for a dollar cheaper. Also, the new Crest in the City have some good prices on school supplies.

14. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Aug 8, 2010

Wal-Mart has the black ones for $0.75 right now.

Watch the sales on markers. Most of the time they're not the washable kind, so a no go for our students.

15. demijasmom

demijasmom Companion

Aug 8, 2010

4myclass are you sure they were not the washable crayons? Those are more expensive than the regular 24 count crayons for $.25