Final season of Breaking Bad...writers are bringing it!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Pisces_Fish, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Sep 18, 2013

Wow. Just wow. I just finished the most recent episode of BB. I won't give any spoilers, just...wow. These writers are incredible. I have been on the edge of my couch all of season 6. I was crying much of the last episode. I am in love with this show!! If you started but fell off the wagon, you owe it to yourself to catch up!! :p

3. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Sep 18, 2013

I know several people who won't even start because they just don't get the premise. Vince Gilligan shopped it around to many places that said it just wouldn't get made-too many downers. Jesse was originally intended for only one season and that whole arc has been the most heart-wrenching part. What they've done with character is really just ground-breaking. There has never been a likable character on tv who has been turned into the anti-hero before.

4. ~mrs.m~

~mrs.m~ Comrade

Sep 18, 2013

LOVE that show! The writing is amazing. I would never have thought I would have liked it but I do!

5. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Sep 19, 2013

On paper, it sounds awful. But on the screen it really does suck you in. I can't imagine where the writers are going to take the show. Everything is such a mess, I certainly see no endings remotely happy!! I think Skyler and Marie are going to go rogue after Walt for revenge.

6. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Sep 19, 2013

I could see that. I also think there will be showdown between Walt and Jesse in the end. Normally, I'd say they would let good win out over evil, but with these writers--I have no idea either.

7. donziejo

donziejo Devotee

Sep 19, 2013

I just watched last Sundays episode! Wow! 2 more left.

8. Cicero

Cicero Companion

Sep 21, 2013

SPOILERS!

I think Skyler knows that Walt said all of those horrible things on the phone for a reason so I don't necessarily think she's going to come against him now. Walt knew that the police would be listening (he sounded like his best impression of a horrible movie villain). With all of that ranting about her not doing as he said, he is clearing her name and taking away most of her responsibly. That way hopefully she can get out of jail time and raise his family. Oh baby Holly... she's precious

I think that Walt is coming back to get revenge on the Nazi guys. He didn't approve of what happened to Hank AND they go his money.

SPOILERS!

9. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Sep 21, 2013

I was planning on starting season 1 this weekend. I hear everyone talking about it and figured I'd jump on the bandwagon just like with Game of Thrones. I hope I like it!

10. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Sep 21, 2013

That makes perfect sense. I'm changing my theory and going with this one!

11. Go Blue!

Go Blue! Connoisseur

Sep 22, 2013

Unlike Dexter ...

12. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Sep 23, 2013

Watched the whole first season this weekend...I can't believe there are so many seasons...what the heck else can go wrong for this guy LOL

13. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Sep 23, 2013

Just watched the second-to-final episode. It was good, don't get me wrong, but it was so subdued compared to the one before that. I loved the ending, I bet it'll get intense again for the finale.

TeacherNY, stick with it and you'll be amazed at all the problems Walt gets through. The writers are really creative. I always think they've dug themselves in a hole, then sure enough, they come back out of it a few episodes later. All the while, it's very believable, in a MacGever sorta way ;)

14. donziejo

donziejo Devotee

Sep 23, 2013

I felt the same way about last nights episode.

15. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Sep 24, 2013

We watched some of season 2 last night. My hubby kept saying, "that's it, they are going to die..." and I said they can't die we still have 3 seasons to watch LOL