File folder setup

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by h2omane, Aug 7, 2007.

1. h2omane

h2omane Comrade

Aug 7, 2007

Hi all,

hope everyone is getting rest and eagerly preparing for the fun fall ahead.

I just purchased a file folder book, for grade 5 with activities in reading, writing, math, science, and social.

my question is: how many file folders do I set up? Do I setup 1 file folder per child, and have the students take their file folder to a center box and choose an activity to insert?

OR

Do I make up X number of math "fractions" (for example) file folders for the students to take to their seats on a first come, first served basis?

:huh:

thanks!
    Mr. Skinner :D

3. heymrsp

heymrsp Rookie

Aug 8, 2007

I have a crate filled with the centers you are describing. I keep them in yellow folders, because that way, if they arent returned, they are easy to find. I am incredibly color coded, so the yellow sticks out! I made three of each center and put them in the crate. Students can pick one to work on when they are done with all of their work, and when they complete it, they put it back in the crate. This year I am numbering them so I can immediately see when one is missing. The students fill out the sheet that goes with them and hand it in, and will also check off the center on a chart they have in their notebooks. I only allow for each center to be done twice a marking period - I have a bunch of them though so it really doesn't become a problem.

Hope this helps!

4. h2omane

h2omane Comrade

Aug 8, 2007

it does thanks