file folder games

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by misst1976, Jul 11, 2008.

1. misst1976

misst1976 Companion

Jul 11, 2008

Has anyone done these? How do you manage the pieces to the games? I bought a book that is already colored and I wanted to laminate everything, but it'll cost a lot! Is there an inexpensive way to protect everything?

3. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jul 11, 2008

I staple ziplock bags to the back for the pieces or glue an envelope on there, laminate then use an exacto knife to cut the flap back open.

Lamination is the best way to go. It is sturdier than clear contact paper.

4. mudpie1598

mudpie1598 Companion

Jul 11, 2008

Your school usually laminates items for free... either they have a system where you do it yourself or someone else is hired to laminate/copy items for you (like a TA) or if you're allowed to do so, ask your TA to do it for you.

Usually the pieces go with a ziploc bag stapled to the back of the file folder or a glued or stapled envelope to the back.

5. SLteaCh

SLteaCh Companion

Jul 12, 2008

I glue an envelope to the back of the file folder before laminating. Then I just cut open the envelope flap, and attach velcro dots to keep it shut. Another tip: write how many pieces are included in your game, so that the kids know how many to count back into the envelope at the end -- and you can always check for missing pieces if needed!

6. Sheila

Sheila Comrade

Jul 12, 2008

Usually lamination at school is much cheaper than going to a copy supply store or teacher store. I have to agree with using zip lock baggies or envelopes. Both work well.

7. love2teachk

love2teachk Companion

Jul 12, 2008

Definitely check school first-most have at least laminators! IF not, a personal laminator may be a wise tool to have on hand (they can be found at hobby lobby, etc. Cheaper than getting them done somewhere else I am sure!)

8. 1stGr8

1stGr8 Companion

Jul 13, 2008

I put a ziplock bag inside the file folder, and I label the bag. So if the game is "Strawberry Sounds" then the bag says "Strawberry Sounds" and I label the pieces also.