file folder games

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by AJK, Jul 17, 2002.

1. AJK

AJK Pre-k Montessori Teacher

Jul 17, 2002

I'm re-doing my "rainy day box." Does anyone know websites where I can find file-folder games? Or can you share simple-to-make file folder games you have created? I have a few but I'm looking to make some new ones.
    Thank you!

A J :)

3. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Jul 17, 2002

Try preschoolprintables.com for folder games for preschoolers

4. Shawnmarie

Shawnmarie Rookie

Jul 17, 2002

Something I've done in my room is to make file folder puzzles. I take books and xerox the cover twice. The first copy I attach to the front of the folder. The second one I attach to heavy paper, then cut out in different shapes. I put them in a plastic bag and attach it to the inside of the folder. The kids love these!

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Jul 20, 2002

Go to a teacher's store and get a book of file folder games with reproducables- well worth the money!

6. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Jul 22, 2002

science file folder book

I hope you get the science file folder book soon, it will make a great summer project!. There are so many brands and types out there, i think its always nice to get what worked for other people. Maybe people should suggest one in particular instead of suggesting for you to go to the store. if a student asks for a book he should read, i wouldnt suggest, go to the library. dont hesitate to ask me for any help- you know i will do what i can. ruth

7. pmts02

pmts02 Guest

Jul 28, 2002

I believe Carson Delosa sells a File Folder Games Book that is like 300 pages long of file folder games that reienforces everything you teach in the classroom such as rhyming words, classification, alphabets, phonics etc. I made every file folder game in the book. The children love it and learn from it. It is well worth the $30.00 if you bought it.

8. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jul 28, 2002

A J,

If you have access to those Ellison Die-Cuts, those make SIMPLE matching file folder games. I cut out different common shapes each from a different color and glued them in the folder... like car, heart, bird, etc. I also did one with flowers... same flower in different colors. You could pic out a shape for a holiday or season. Say pumpkins or apples... cut a bunch of whichever you like, then draw shapes on them to match or letters or numbers. MAKES for simple file folder games. Scrapbook stores will have the die cuts if your school system doesn't have any around to use. Mose scrapbook store let you use the dies for free if you buy your paper from there. We have a resource room with the die cuts, but a scrapbook store would have TONS more to choose from.

Lori

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Jul 29, 2002

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Jul 29, 2002

go to yahoo groups and do a search for file folder games; request to join the group. There are over a hundred people in the group posting file folder games almost every day!! It is a great place to download them!

11. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jul 31, 2002

AJ

I checked out those file folder games groups on yahoo like someone mentioned above. I found a pretty good one... LOTS of file folder games. Basically the owner of the group scanned them from the Carson Dellosa books. They are listed alphabetically with the grade level below the title.

The problem I had was getting IN the group. You have to email the owner at FriendsFileFolderGames-owner@yahoogroups.com or KSListOwner@aol.com to get an invite to join.

I picked out several for my preschoolers.

GOOD LUCK! Have fun!
    Lori

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Aug 3, 2002

file folder pattern book, has tons of ideas that the kids love.

13. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Aug 3, 2002

Hey, that file folder game group mentioned about has the MOST FFG's. If you have the Carson Dellosa books then you have the file folders, but if you don't you can SAVE a LOT of money. I DID! I looked through the preschool FFG book at a teacher store and I got the same ones off that group site. Every game in that book was on the site.

Lori