field trip fillers-help

Discussion in 'General Education' started by teacherhoosier, May 5, 2011.

1. teacherhoosier

teacherhoosier Companion

May 5, 2011

I'm starting to get a little panicked for our field trip tomorrow- a woman who taught kindergarten at my school before me for many years was going to go with us on our field trip to a local nature preserve and fire department..but now her mother-in-law is sick and she can't go with us..she had been on these trails like a million times before, and I haven't been. I have several parents going with me ,so supervision is not an issue-I just worry about getting lost and looking like an idiot..Well, anyway, here is our schedule for tomorrow

9:00 leave school
    9:30 arrive at nature reserve
    9:30-11:15 Walk trails-there are two 1 mile trails..I also plan on stop to let them have a snack somewhere along the way..I also have a nature scavenger hunt for students to work on with parents and paper bags for them to collect some things from nature (we will have the not disturbing habitats talk)
    11:15 Leave
    11:30- arrive at local park
    11:30-12:00 lunch
    12:00-12:40 Playtime for the kids-there are slides and swings at the park/group games
    12:40-leave park
    1:00-1:40ish-fire department visit
    2:00ish-arrive back at school for 2:15 dismissal

So, I am wondering if I will have too much time at the nature preserve..and am trying to think of a few time fillers to have in the back of my head..thanks for any suggestions!!

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 5, 2011

What if it rains?

What about bathroom breaks?

Can you request that they all wear the same bright color to make your kids easier to spot?

4. cruiserteacher

cruiserteacher Comrade

May 5, 2011

Are there any group games you can play? I'm thinking like summer camp-type games. I'm sure you google some.