Field Day

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by newh00, Jun 1, 2019.

1. newh00

newh00 Rookie

Jun 1, 2019

What do you usually wear on Field Day? I like to have fun with my students--and as a kindergarten teacher--I will be helping quite a bit. There will also be water activities. Was thinking about some lightweight knee pants---or alittle above the knee--but still appropriate. I missed field day last year due to a family emergency--and before that I was in middle school and field day took place during PE....so I am new to this! Want to be comfortable and be able to have fun with my kinders--but still be dressed appropriately. Any ideas and links are greatly appreciated!! 5 more days!!

3. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jun 1, 2019

We are always given the green light to wear shorts, t-shirts (preferably district/school shirts), and tennis shoes. If it's cooler I'd say yoga/stretch pants would be appropriate provided the shirt was long enough to cover your tush. Talk to you P about expectations though.

4. bella84

bella84 Aficionado

Jun 1, 2019

I usually wear flare yoga pants, a t-shirt, and gym shoes. A lot of my colleagues wear athletic shorts or athletic leggings - either capri or full length.

5. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jun 3, 2019

Something comfortable I'm assuming. Also, can you bring extra clothes to change into later in case you get wet?