Field Day

Discussion in 'General Education' started by sweetlatina23, Jan 19, 2011.

1. sweetlatina23

sweetlatina23 Cohort

Jan 19, 2011

Any good ideas for Field Day? We will be celebrating National Catholic Schools week the first week in February. The students will have a hat contest, but then the rest of the day we have to find fun activities for our classes. We are not given any supplies, so I need something that is fun, entertaining, and inexpensive.

Normally, they plan out activities for us, it doesn't work when the teachers have to plan them out. Last year we had fun in my classroom, we played some silly games. THe problem was that they didnt want to do anything, because none of the other teachers were maknig their students do anything. Their field day included sitting down in class and just talking. This will cause chaos, so any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :D

3. Pacificpastime

Pacificpastime Companion

Jan 19, 2011

Are you some place warm or are you going to be inside the whole time?

4. sweetlatina23

sweetlatina23 Cohort

Jan 19, 2011

Lately its been warm, in the high 60s/70s. The memo wasn't clear, I would think outside.

5. Rox

Rox Cohort

Jan 20, 2011

Can you borrow some equipment from the PE teacher and have some silly races? A kickball/basketball/whatever tournament? Borrow some materials from the art teacher and make a group art project?

Ask the students what THEY want to do. Perhaps they have some ideas?

6. sanjacteacher

sanjacteacher Rookie

Jan 20, 2011

We do our field days when it's pretty hot outside. We incorporate a lot of water into the games. Duck, duck, sponge. Water relay and sponge basketball. We also do some non water games like a cake walk, soccer ball kick, frisbee throw, and frisbee golf.