Field Day activity

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by educatingme, May 8, 2007.

1. educatingme

educatingme Companion

May 8, 2007

We have to come up with our own field day "center" for each group t travel to. The outdoor activity should take 30 minutes to complete. It can be a competition or just an activity. For instance, I know one class is doing a competition relay, each child fills a measuring cup with water from one end, runs to the other end to dump the water in a bucket...the team with the most water at the end wins. Not sure what other classes are doing...but, any ideas (entertaining...maybe even educational!?) for us?

3. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

May 9, 2007

How about something to do with your state? We've done a United State field day before, where each station was a different state. I can't remember what we did for each state, but it had to do with something you think of when you think of that state (symbols, teams, etc...).
    I know that doesn't help much, but maybe it will get you going.

4. brigidy

brigidy Comrade

May 9, 2007

How about plastic horseshoes, water ballon toss, stick horse race?

5. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 9, 2007

Three legged race (with the brown bag), jumping rope, what about Simon says, musical chairs (but could put carpets squares or something), tennis ball throw, if you had a bucket with water & another bucket with different items to see what would float or sink, a mini scavenger hunt.