Fibroids

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherWhoRuns, Mar 10, 2016.

1. TeacherWhoRuns

TeacherWhoRuns Companion

Mar 10, 2016

Chalk this up to a TMI area if you're not willing to read about female problems!
    After about a year of heavy periods, I finally found the "right" doctor and was diagnosed with a large fibroid in December. Is anyone else dealing with this? Since medical science seems to believe cutting it out is the only option, I've been combing the internet to find dietary and natural ways of dealing with it. My understanding is they tend to shrink after menopause. I'm 43 and my mom said she was finished by 47, so I'm hoping I can deal with it until then....I'm a bit tired of the bleeding for two weeks at a time, though. Can someone give me some hope?

3. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Mar 10, 2016

My mother received the advice to become pregnant again at the age of 40. She didn't, and had a hysterectomy a couple of years later. She said it was the best surgery she ever had - she felt like a new woman. I had a hysterectomy for a little different reason at the end of my 30's, and I would agree - it took care of the problem, and provided relief immediately. Just our families experience.

4. John Lee

John Lee Groupie

Mar 14, 2016

I just clicked because I didn't know what a fibroid was!
    However... I think there is something that I can suggest: google natto or nattokinase and fibroids.

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 17, 2016

I know nothing about it, but I hope things get better!

6. MLB711

MLB711 Comrade

Mar 17, 2016

My mom had several fibroids and had to have a hysterectomy in her early 40s. She felt like a completely new woman afterward. They made her back hurt like crazy and caused some stomach and digestive problems so it was a much better call for her to get the surgery. It doesn't seem like you're at that level yet. I hope you can find a remedy that works!