Few questions!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Emmy&Me, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Emmy&Me

Emmy&Me Rookie

Jul 21, 2014

Hi every one!
    I used to be an active poster here, haven't been on in a few years and forgot my login! Anywho...

I'm trying to get back into teaching after taking the last 2 school years off because I had not one but TWO baby girls :dizzy: Who are now 24 months and 5 months.

Before I took time off, I taught 1 year of reading/math recovery and then 2 years of 1st grade. I am clueless as to how to include this big gap on my resume. I had only had 3 years experience before I took 2 years off, and although my references are stellar I feel like this could ruin my chances. Do I touch on it on my cover letter at all? Any help would be appreciated.. Mama needs a Jay-Oh-Bee!!:lol:

3. joeboo22

joeboo22 Rookie

Jul 21, 2014

Yeah, I don't think you'd have the hardest part getting a job, the one problem your going to have, is many will question whether or not you will relocate for the job, if its out of your area. Explain everything, in the cover letter or email along with it.

4. Geauxtee

Geauxtee Comrade

Jul 21, 2014

I don't know how tough the job market in in Maine, but I think you're fine. You only took two years off which isn't much at all. Lots of women take years here and there to raise kids, just my:2cents:

I might briefly explain the gap on your cover letter and than let it be.

5. DressageLady

DressageLady Comrade

Jul 22, 2014

i totally agree with Geautee. Highlight your experience and ignore the gap (other than mentioning it briefly in your cover letter).
    Sheilah

6. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Jul 22, 2014

There's a 95% chance you won't get a full-time position nowadays. If you're lucky, you'll get one. You have come experience which is important. Good luck.