Female teachers: Pants or Skirts?

Discussion in 'Debate & Marathon Threads Archive' started by WindyCityGal606, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 25, 2007

I'm a skirt kind of girl.... some suits, some separates.

But when there's snow on the ground or it gets incredibly cold, I'll switch to a pants suit.

2. IRAEnglishT-chr

IRAEnglishT-chr Rookie

Jul 25, 2007

I love to wear dresses/skirts. I think it's more professional. HOWEVER, the very few times I did wear a dress I felt completely out of place. Other teachers looked at me like I had two heads or something. As a sub, I am not brave enough to wear dresses anymore. Ugh. Pants are easier, though, I guess.

3. anniefan

anniefan Rookie

Jul 25, 2007

Here's another funny skirt story...
    A friend of mine who was teaching 5th grade wore a wrap around skirt to school one day. She was moving around from desk to desk helping students. A student tapped her on the shoulder and said, "Mrs._____________, your skirt is on the floor!" She said she was so glad she wore a slip that day!

4. Mrs.Gould

Mrs.Gould Comrade

Jul 25, 2007

OH MAN! I really laughed out loud on that one! :toofunny:

5. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Jul 25, 2007

I tried using rhyme to express my inner most feelings about wearing skirts...:rolleyes:

6. hernandoreading

hernandoreading Comrade

Jul 25, 2007

With me, it's a matter of my mood that I'm in. I wear skirts/dresses about 30% of the time.

7. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Jul 25, 2007

I wear both. Depends on the weather & what I'm doing that day. I have recess duty 3 times a week, so during the winter I wear pants on those days. Skirts the other days. When it's nice out it just depends on what I feel like wearing. We have a school t-shirt or we can buy a school shirt to wear, which I do on Fridays.

8. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 25, 2007

And it was lovely!! Prooves we can write a poem about anything if we really try!!:up: Wait...prove doesn't have two o's, does it?:unsure:

9. cinaminsweet

cinaminsweet Companion

Jul 25, 2007

I wear them equally. I usually wear a skirt twice a week (more in the spring/summer) and pants the other three days.

10. GatorGal

GatorGal Cohort

Jul 25, 2007

I bought a few skirts that I can wear in the classroom...but after hearing about all these skirt mishaps, they might stay in the closet! :lol:

11. MrsMikesell

MrsMikesell Cohort

Jul 25, 2007

Polo shirt, capri's and sandals just about every day. The air is on "sometimes" at best here in Florida...

Kelly :)

12. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Jul 25, 2007

I wear mostly slacks & capris in warmer months, but I do have quite a few knee-length skirts for warmer weather. In winter I still wear pants/gauchos most of the time, but I do have some longer skirts that I wear with boots when it's cold.

I rarely wear dresses. I'm a size larger on top than on the bottom, so often dresses don't fit me correctly.

13. Mrs.Gould

Mrs.Gould Comrade

Jul 25, 2007

After saying I rarely wear skirts, I just bought one! JC Penney is having HUGE sales! I got two pairs of pants, a skirt, and an outfit for my new niece who is scheduled to make her arrival tomorrow for $30!

14. meatball77

meatball77 Comrade

Jul 25, 2007

Pants or long skirts. I have to be able to sit on the floor.

I like long knit "teacher" dresses. They're super comfortable, professional and easy to move in.

15. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jul 25, 2007

I do not wear skirts/dresses with preschoolers. Pants or capris. I'm in the floor too much for a skirt... I don't think my little ones would want to see my undies!

I used to work at a mental hospital teaching on the child unit. They admins wanted you to dress up... uh yeah right. The one day I wore a dress, I got a new 3 yr old that bounced off the walls and could slip between every tiny nook and cranny to get away from me. Also at the time I was 280ish lbs. I never wore a dress again there! I did wear them some when I had junior high but preschool... no way!

16. nsatterfield

nsatterfield Rookie

Jul 25, 2007

I have this same problem!

17. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jul 25, 2007

I love skirts and dresses, but I've never worn them at school before. This summer I bought a lot of skirts because I want to start wearing them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.