Feelings of Uselessness and lack of Motivation

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Mrs. Anxious, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Mrs. Anxious

Mrs. Anxious Rookie

Apr 7, 2020

Hello fellow teachers. We are all in the middle of a chaotic time in our careers I'm sure. There is so much uncertainty. My district has not been clear about expectations for virtual learning, and directives from my admin have been less than helpful. I feel a bit uselessness not being in the classroom with my students, and I am finding it challenging to be motivated each day. Anyone else relate? Have any advice on how to be productive or tips on what productive should look like right now?

Thanks for relating to my post. :)

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Apr 8, 2020

Can you reach out to your homeroom students? If you don't want to use your own phone, Google Voice is terrific for this stuff. I know making those calls makes me feel better.

4. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Apr 8, 2020

We are basically business as usual with work because all of our kids have 1:1 Chromebooks, and we do a lot of our work that way. I've sent kids messages through Google Classroom and their school email. We got all of their phone numbers before we left, so I've sent text messages to kids and their parents. I've done a couple of video chats. I have also sent each of my 85 kids a postcard.