Feelings about RTI

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by loveteaching829, Mar 18, 2008.

1. loveteaching829

loveteaching829 Rookie

Mar 18, 2008

Hey,
    what are your feelings about Response to Intervention? I am going to be taking a seminar regarding the topic since it is new and that is the focus in the schools now. I am a regular ed teacher...do you feel this has potential to work?

3. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Mar 18, 2008

I am a regular ed. teacher and we just started RTI. Our entire school is on board with this including the special ed. teachers. So far we are all feeling positive about it. I personally think that if it is used correctly it will be great!

4. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Mar 18, 2008

RTI is great!! The lower levels (tier I and II), are interventions put in place in the regular classroom---these are things that many teachers do naturally to help struggling students. I feel like RTI has given us a chance to catch students who are struggling early, and give them a chance for success before they are extremely behind. There are some awesome websites for interventions that are very teacher-friendly, such as interventioncentral.com and literacymatrix.com

5. rchlkay

rchlkay Companion

Mar 18, 2008

I love the idea of RTI. I think that it might work in districts that have enough support to implement it. What I've found this year is that we try a month or two and then they (the students struggling) are still referred to check on things.. I love the idea; I just haven't seen it work yet. Maybe then I'll have different feeling later. I guess I can only hope :)