feeling so rundown

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Lindsnh, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Lindsnh

Lindsnh Companion

Oct 25, 2009

I am at a school that had not met AYP in 5 years. We miss it each year by 1 objective, due to our special ed population. I do not teach a tested grade, yet this year which is only my second I must keep a data notebook like everyone else (they are goals based I am not) that contains paper after paper of what kids are passing, how many days have they been absent/late, what the scores are on all their tests, why they aren't passing, what I am going to do to help them pass, How many books they are reading ect..., Since this is my second year I also have a ton of work to do that goes along with getting my professional certificate. I am ready to pull out my hair. Last week meetings started with the P that last about 1 hour in which he grill's you on everything, like why your kids are reading below grade level. My school has very low parent involvement, so if I were to say "Johhny is reading below level b/c his mother does not read with him at home or help him with hw ect" that would not be a good enough answer. I am sooooo rundown and stressed out. I have literally slept all weekend long. I am single with no kids and I feel sorry for the other teachers who are neglecting their families.. okay now that I have ranted, does anyone have any suggestions on how to make my body feel better? I am taking a multivitamin, and trying to eat right but I dont feel like cooking after working so hard after school each day. I am too young to get burned out!

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Oct 25, 2009

That's tough. I feel for you. :hugs:

Keep taking your multivitamin. I added a Vitamin C supplement last year when I was feeling icky, and I've been taking it daily ever since. I don't know how much it's actually helping, but I've managed to only get sick once, so that's a plus and one less stress.

Drink lots of water.

Whenever you cook, cook a few extra servings and freeze them. That way you can just pull them out of the freezer and reheat them on those days when you don't feel up to a lot of work in the kitchen. Maybe you could also consider getting a crock pot, if you don't already have one. I use mine all the time. It's nice to come home to wonderful smells and dinner ready.

How often do you spend time with your friends, like going out to dinner or the movies? If you're not doing that, you need to.

As for getting your school work and paperwork under control, you might consider taking one or two days per week where you stay late at school and catch up/get ahead.

I hope some of this helps!