Feeling of getting fired?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by DigitalDiva25, Feb 2, 2012.

1. DigitalDiva25

DigitalDiva25 Companion

Feb 2, 2012

Have you ever been in a situation where you felt scared that you're going to lose your job? What made you feel that way? and how did you solve the problem?

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Feb 2, 2012

Are you worried that you might get fired?

4. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Feb 2, 2012

Yes, and it is horrible. I was doing what I thought was required of the job. I read my job description and listened to my trainer. My boss did call me into her office and we were able to make it a mutual decison. Sometimes you are not a good match to the job, or the boss.

I was so glad to move on. I did get unemployment. This program was closed a year later.

5. DigitalDiva25

DigitalDiva25 Companion

Feb 2, 2012

I'm not a teacher yet, I'm still studying to pass the ftce test. But there has been times in my current and past jobs when I had that feeling. I'm just curious as to what kinds of serious problems teachers had to deal with and their solutions to those issues

6. DigitalDiva25

DigitalDiva25 Companion

Feb 2, 2012

what program was that and are you still teaching?

7. Marci07

Marci07 Devotee

Feb 4, 2012

There was a time when I had a boss who was micro-managing everything I was doing. It made me feel very anxious and I couldn't feel confident in any decision I was making. I was terrified!! She would constantly be on my case for every single little thing.

After a few weeks of feeling horrible I realized that I couldn't continue like this and if I was going to be fired I might as well face it. After I came to this realization, I started feeling confident. I addressed my boss' micro-managing by literally asking for her approval of every single little thing I was doing and constantly asking her for input on my decisions. I think she got the point that she could trust me after she became very annoyed and she left me alone.

I still worked there a few more years and she was even sad to see me leave when I decided to change careers to go into teaching.

I still remember those 3 or 4 weeks when I felt terrified and it was horrible. I realized that I couldn't control not being fired in spite of doing my best so I was just going not to let me fill me with anxiety.

8. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Feb 4, 2012

I've never had that feeling, but I have experienced administrators who have been unpredictable and inconsistent...that causes a feeling of unease but not to the point where I've felt my job was in jeopardy.

9. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Feb 4, 2012

This is my life right now- in teaching. I, too, have let it go and that has been freeing. (It is why I have not been on atoz for practically ever! Miss it here! Luckily, I am back now! Yay!) I love what I do, I have the data to prove I am effective and my kids are making progress, making gains, learning, and when I am happy- it controls the climate of my room and then we do have fantastic days. When my P is in micromanaging, constantly criticizing I would be taking it to heart and be a nervous, anxious, upset wreck and so would my room. Now, I've let it go and everyone besides the P is noticing how much better my room is and my kids are. I go in happy, I teach, do everything as I always have and love every moment. I do not let her get to me, she cannot destroy it for me. She may micromanage and constantly criticize, but I see growth and I know my kids are learning and I can prove it. This is my room, my kids, this year- she cannot take it away from me. It is mine and I am enjoying it while I have it and pushing and doing everything I can for my kids. I do not know what next year holds, but I am treasuring every moment from here out. My kids are going to make it- they are doing well.