Feeling annoyed and overwhelmed...

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Donne, Aug 25, 2011.

1. iteachbx

iteachbx Enthusiast

Jul 2, 2012

The admins in my school are not fans of having tons of store bought posters all over the room. I have a hard enough time getting the students to pay attention to the meaningful ones I make and put up I can't imagine they'd ever read or learn from something I hung up on the wall just to make the room look pretty.

Other than bulletin board board paper and boarders there is very little that can go up in my room until the students start. What's on the walls is their work or my work. I wouldn't worry about it now.

2. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jul 2, 2012

How rude!
    They should be extending a hand out to help and welcome you into the school instead of talking about you.
    Let them know that you do not appreciate how they are talking behind your back.
    Make sure they know right away that you do not play!
    Rebel1

3. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Jul 3, 2012

It's important to post MEANINGFUL information in your room so making anchor charts (chart paper that lists bullet points/examples of content that you're teacher) is a great way to do this. Students are more likely to reference those than some cutesy chart or poster. At least in my experience.