February Centers

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by cutNglue, Jan 27, 2010.

1. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jan 27, 2010

I need ideas for some of my Feb. Centers. I don't have a clear theme but it should be related to things in Feb.

I have the following:

Imagination: Post-Office
    Computer:
    Writing: Provide Letter Templates, Card Making Templates
    (Though I would rather use skill practice worksheets.)
    Construction:
    Crafts: I have a groundhog mask (the other ground hog craft I will use during the lesson). I can easily collect some valentine's crafts but what about the second half of the month?
    Exploration:
    Math:

3. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Jan 27, 2010

Math- Sotrting candy hearts, measure shadows

Exoploration- shadows I have some activities I do for shadows but I can't remember right now.

I also do a Dental unit in February. Could you do something with teeth.- Paint with tooth brushes.

4. forkids

forkids Cohort

Feb 7, 2010

I make 'shadows' by tracing around classroom objects on black construction paper with a white colored pencil. I then laminate the sheets of paper and place them in the center along with the objects. They match the objects to their shadow. Good for both math and exploration. You could even not put the objects in the center, but have the kids find them in the classroom to match with the shadows.

5. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Feb 7, 2010

I do this, too.

We are also doing a theme on transportation this month, so that helps me some.

You could go with patriotic stuff (make your own flag, or a red white and blue windsock) after Valentine's Day