Features of the Forum Upgrade

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & FAQ' started by Amanda, May 29, 2009.

1. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

May 29, 2009

I did sort of a 'soft launch' when I upgraded the forum recently. I wasn't sure about all the new features and needed a chance to learn more about them myself. I still don't know all the ins and outs, but I thought I'd start a thread here explaining some of them and open this up for questions. If there is anything you don't understand or want to know more about I can try to figure it out!

Some of the things don't really seem necessary, but they are enabled for you to play around with anyway...

Tags:
    You can now tag thread with keywords. This will provide another way to search for a thread. Here is the tags page which may eventually be integrated into a home page:
    http://forums.atozteacherstuff.com/tags.php

Here is an official explanation from the FAQ:
    http://forums.atozteacherstuff.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_usage#faq_vb3_tags

Friends:
    Here is what I said about friends in another thread:
    New User Profile:
    The user profile now has a new format. I don't know if it classifies as an improvement, but it does have a different look.

Other Features Coming Soon...
    The upgrade also opens up the possibility of other new features including
    • FSOT (For Sale or Trade) You will be able to buy/sell/trade used teaching materials. It will be complete with a feedback system but more simple than ebay and without the exhorbitant fees!
    • Downloads/Files - a way for you to upload and share files, printables, lessons, etc. you've created for your classroom
    • Other features to be announced!

I'm opening another thread for dealing specifically with reporting problems created by the upgrade.