Fears

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by tiki7719, Jul 10, 2009.

1. tiki7719

tiki7719 Companion

Jul 10, 2009

Do you have any certain fears?

I guess mine are fear of not making it as a future educator.

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 10, 2009

So many!

There are all the health fears-- that my kids will grow up without a mom.

Or that I'm not the mom or the wife I should be--that I'm missing some pivital moment that we'll look back later and say: "That's where it all went wrong!"

That we're not saving enough for retirement.

I could go on and on, but you get the gist.

4. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2009

Alice, I think we all have that fear. Even though I've never *actually* met you, I think you're one of my heroes. I can only imagine what your children think of you! :hugs:

I'm afraid I'll never find a job. That I'll get stuck in Florida forever. That my MIL will be too much for me one day & I won't be able to be the bigger person. I'm afraid of going completely blind someday. I'm afraid for my dad - he's 66, not spry, doesn't eat right, refuses to wear a hearing aide, etc. I'm completely, totally, irrationally, and paralyzingly afraid of snakes.

5. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 10, 2009

That I will lose my job due to budget cuts.
    That I will never have kids/be able to.
    Mice and any other rodents.
    Dead things.
    That I will always be in debt.

6. Lindsnh

Lindsnh Companion

Jul 10, 2009

That I will never meet anyone and spend my life alone. I am 30 now and it sucks seeing ALL my friends with their hubby's and/or kids. I want that life so bad! I am scared that I will not pass my formal teaching evaluation this year and fail my professional certification. I am scared of losing my parents too early. I am an only child with a super small immediate family. I feel that I would have no support or no one to turn to. I am scared of losing my precious dog who is 13. I got her when I was 17, and she is my baby.

oh and snakes, rats, spiders

7. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jul 10, 2009

I guess my major fear is what will happen with my disabled son when we die. Middle son had always told me that he would take in his brother after we were gone. Middle son passed away unexpectedly a couple of years ago and I'm not sure I should expect my daughter to take over the duties.

8. blindteacher

blindteacher Cohort

Jul 10, 2009

Most of my fears are health related and money related. Am I going to be able to keep working and hat will I do if I can't work any longer? I have fears of how effective of a father I can be, especially if my health conditions keep flaring up, especially that of my hands.

9. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 10, 2009

- Spiders...I hate them all!

- Only if I watch a TV show about ghosts AT NIGHT, I get this creepy feeling at home, especially when I have to go downstairs alone. I have to get it out of my mind quick! :unsure:

- Although, I'm still prettyyoung, I worry about my health sometimes...I think most of us do at some point

- Wondering if I'll ever get married

10. zoerba

zoerba Comrade

Jul 14, 2009

My fears.....

That I will never be able to have children (I have PCOS)

That I will not be able to have the willpower to lose my excess weight

That either me or my family will be killed...........I am especially anxious about nuclear bombings, terrorist attacks, etc.

That I will never make any true and close friends

That I am not a good enough teacher and never will be

11. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Jul 14, 2009

I have a lot of irrational fears...like the car falling off a bridge with the kids inside and me being unable to rescue them. Same with house fires. As a matter of fact, most of my fears revolve around being able to keep my kids safe. Not that these fears dominate my life or anything, but once in a while, I try to think about these things, and then I feel better if I at least devise a plan on what I would do if one of these crazy things happen.

I don't have any health issues, but I also have some health fears....like Alice said, I don't want my kids growing up without a mom. I can be a bit of a hypochondriac that way. I usually just go to the dr., and she re-assures me, and I move on.

Kim