Favorite part of fall

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by happygirl444, Oct 22, 2021.

1. happygirl444

happygirl444 Rookie

Oct 22, 2021

I love the changing leaves. I love the pumpkin spice. I love the smell of campfires. I love the cooler weather, but my favorite part of fall is wearing a sweater! I will get sick of it by January but boy, do I love the first time I wear one!

What is your favorite part of fall?

3. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Connoisseur

Oct 22, 2021

I loved the beautiful different colored leaves of fall in places I lived/visited that had fall weather. I haven't seen them in a few years. We maybe have 2 weeks where leaves fall here and they are only1 color. It has already snowed here.

luvtulearn and Colliemom like this.
  4. LaFish

LaFish Rookie

Oct 22, 2021

I love the feel of cooler days and the smell of fireplaces burning wood. I also enjoy watching football on weekends.

Colliemom and Tired Teacher like this.
  5. Colliemom

Colliemom Rookie

Oct 22, 2021

I love our maples changing color, the smell of fires, and the cool crisp air! Fall is my favorite time of year!

luvtulearn and Tired Teacher like this.
  6. stargirl

stargirl Comrade

Oct 22, 2021

I love the brisk cool (but not cold yet) winds blowing--somehow they energize me.
    Love pulling out my fleece jackets and sweater etc.

luvtulearn likes this.
  7. GraceKrispy

GraceKrispy Rookie

Oct 23, 2021

I also love the change in clothes! Jeans, sweaters, jackets! If course, I can't fit into my jeans currently :( i also love the cooler weather, changing leaves, and the cloudy, rainy days. Then there are the holidays revolving around food/treats... Fall is my favorite season!

8. luvtulearn

luvtulearn Rookie

Oct 23, 2021

Fall always represents a new beginning for me . . more so than Jan. 1 because school begins, anticipation for the holidays, the meals start changing (soup my fav) just as like the geography .
    But most of all I love the smell of fall. I live up in the pines and I can actually smell the pine cones on the ground, tho old acorns, but the crisp wind really makes this all happen. I DO NOT like the fires that accompany the wind.

9. playpower

playpower New Member

Oct 23, 2021

Fall is my favorite! It's the best kind of weather here in northern MI in terms of temperature and folks travel from all over just to look at the colors. It's also the season I got married.:)

luvtulearn likes this.
  10. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Oct 23, 2021

We don't get a change of seasons here but we do get cool enough temps to turn off the ac and open the windows. That is my favorite part of the year!

11. stargirl

stargirl Comrade

Oct 23, 2021

I actually just moved to Florida this summer, so it's weird not having a real autumn season. It is a bit cooler, and the mornings have a nice breeze but I do miss the crisp fall mornings. And the only time I pulled out a fleece hoodie was when the a/c was cranked really high with the vent blowing directly on my bed when I was trying to fall asleep the other night, lol.

12. bGracie

bGracie Rookie

Oct 23, 2021

We don't really have fall here, but it is the end of rainy season for which I am always thankful!

Tired Teacher likes this.
  13. DoremiTchr

DoremiTchr New Member

Oct 24, 2021

One of my favorite parts of fall are the fall recipes. Just made these this morning for breakfast. Pumpkin Pancakes! YUMMMMM!
    I didn't have allspice so I added another teaspoon of cinnamon. I also added 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.

Well, I tried to put the address for the recipe but evidently I can't do that either.
    Well, since I'm new I can't post pictures yet. And I can't post smilies yet either....geez

14. whizkid

whizkid Connoisseur

Oct 24, 2021

School breaks, falling leaves

15. Mountainjoy

Mountainjoy Rookie

Oct 24, 2021

I love campfires in the fall and fragrant candles.

Tired Teacher likes this.