Favorite meal from your mother's table...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Hoot Owl, May 3, 2009.

1. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

May 5, 2009

My grandmother made these fantastic gingerbread and molasses cookies when I was growing up. She even used a wood burning stove to make them. And when they were still hot....oh, my.

Mom made the best pot roast you ever tasted with fresh potatoes, onions, and carrots from the garden.

Any dessert was good, but rhubarb sauce over vanilla ice cream....My mouth is watering right now.

2. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

May 6, 2009

Dad made the best pancakes in the world. I remeber we 5 kids sitting around the table and he would cook seemingly for hours - probably so! We would eat and eat and eat. His pancakes were thin and light so it took a lot to fill us up! What a dear memory.

3. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

May 6, 2009

We made a cookbook for favorite foods that my student's moms make in my class for Mother's Day. The most common answer was spaghetti out of a jar and frozen pizza. But one little boy talked about a casserole that his mother made that he loved. For a six year old, he had a pretty good idea how she made it.

My favorite was the one that used bread powder for bread. Then there was one for cookies that said that you cook them until they were just the right color of tan.

4. MissJennifer

MissJennifer Companion

May 6, 2009

mrachelle - that's cute! i want to do that next year I think! :) My brother did that when he was in preschool and my mom still has it. One of the recipes was for Pumpkin Pie - and I'll never forget that the instructions said to "Squeeze the pumpkin til all the juice was out"! :)

5. AZSpedtchr

AZSpedtchr Rookie

May 6, 2009

I love my mom's 3 bean soup and homemade chicken pot pie. Yummy! I learned how to make the pot pie a few years ago but have only made it a couple of times since then.

6. Blue

Blue Aficionado

May 6, 2009

My grandma made the best clam chowder and cherry pie.