Favorite end of the year gifts?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ABC123, Jun 15, 2016.

1. ABC123

ABC123 Companion

Jun 15, 2016

I received some really nice gifts this year.

I was given beautiful hand made cards from my students, that I always save...one of the Sped Teachers had the kids make them and she (and the kids) presented them to me wrapped in pretty red ribbon:):):)

1 Home Goods $50.00 gift card...mom knows its my favorite store...the student is moving out of state:(
    1 Target $25.00 gift card, along with a beautiful plant, from the 1st grade teacher I worked with all year, such a lovely lady and a fantastic teacher..we both cried when we said our good-byes!!!!
    A beautiful floral mini tote bag that I will be using next school year to carry my lunch in, that was from another student I work with in the morning!!!

**I also wanted to add that my most creative gift was from one of my students I worked with for about an hour each day, he brought in a jar of honey for me, taken from his BEE HIVES that he ''keeps'' at home...mom put the honey in a pretty mason jar and he put bumble bee stickers all over it :D

3. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Jun 15, 2016

That honey gift is so cool!

One mom made a tall candle holder decorated with vellum photographs of my class on our overnight field trip. It's so special.

One of my girls decorated a glass jar with kitten stickers and sharpied hearts and wrote on it that I'm "cat-tastic"- it's adorable. I love cats, so it was very heartfelt and personal.

ABC123 likes this.
  4. ABC123

ABC123 Companion

Jun 15, 2016

Thanks...I love it! Never received anything like that before..he is actually a very cool kid, calls himself the ''bee keeper'' such a cutey:D

Cute idea with the photos on the candle holder. I didn't receive ANY candles/holders this year...first time actually!!!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  5. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Jun 15, 2016

Favorites? Well that has to be the kid who comes running back to give a quick hug before leaving the class for the last time in the school year. You never know which ones will surprise you that way, making them more precious and memorable. I get them from some seniors who I would never have thought would be "that kid." Got one today, from a student who went from a problem child to a peer role model. I thought she had gone, when she quickly ducked into the room and said, "Please don't be mad - I'm really going to miss you." I will probably never see her again, but I won't forget her.

ABC123 and yellowdaisies like this.
  6. ABC123

ABC123 Companion

Jun 17, 2016

That's always the best!! A student that surprises you that way and of course hugs are never a bad thing EVER :)

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jun 17, 2016

Beautiful notes. The kind you keep in your drawer for 'those days' when you need a boost.

Many gift cards: Amazon, Bloomingdales, DSW, coffee shops, Barnes and Noble, Macy's, and a few Visa gift cards.

A beautiful bottle of rose wine from Provence

Running gear: phone armband and new earbuds

A beautiful pair of strappy wedge sandals that I will wear all summer.

ABC123 likes this.
  8. mathmagic

mathmagic Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2016

Those creative gifts are always the best!

While I got many gift cards, the hand-written cards from the kids and parents, a frame signed by each kid with a picture of our class inside (and a goofy one behind it, that I can switch out), and a painting a student did (just amazing, especially as a fourth grader!), were the parts I will cherish the most.

yellowdaisies and ABC123 like this.
  9. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Jun 17, 2016

This wasn't an end of the year gift, but one of my students sewed me a fleece blanket with cats on it for teacher appreciation week. It was so precious and I just loved it. She just learned to sew this year. Such a sweet girl.

ABC123 likes this.
  10. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jun 18, 2016

I had one student who gave me a gift card for a massage. That was wonderful. Another gave me her mother's recipe for cookies she brought that were amazing. I think of her whenever I make the cookies now.

ABC123 likes this.
  11. ABC123

ABC123 Companion

Jun 18, 2016

Ooooh a massage, thats a GREAT idea :)

12. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jun 20, 2016

My favorites are the notes and drawings from students. I got one this year from a student I had two years ago who moved out of state. She mailed it to the school. I must admit that that particular letter made my eyes leak a bit. :)

yellowdaisies and ABC123 like this.
  13. mrsammieb

mrsammieb Devotee

Jun 23, 2016

I had a parent make me a beautiful quilt for my classroom! It looks like a bookshelf to write my students name on. It is so cool and VERY thoughtful!

runsw/scissors, MrsC and ABC123 like this.
  14. ABC123

ABC123 Companion

Jun 23, 2016

mrsammieb love that cutie you have as your photo/avatar:D

15. mrsammieb

mrsammieb Devotee

Jun 23, 2016

Thank you! I love piggies!

ABC123 likes this.
  16. teacherquestions

teacherquestions Rookie

Jul 8, 2016

The quilt sounds amazing! I love homemade cards :)