Favorite College Course(s)?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Math, May 8, 2014.

1. Ms_C

Ms_C Comrade

May 11, 2014

My favorite was History of Art and Architecture in Ancient Rome. Best part of the class was that I took it during in Rome! Now that is hands on learning at its best.

2. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 11, 2014

How lovely!

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 11, 2014

Anthropology...I really enjoyed the subject matter. It was so interesting.

4. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

May 11, 2014

My minor was anthropology, but the instructor in community college was horrible. This was a prep for my minor. She was so immature and unprofessional. She was from the former Yugoslavia so I automatically liked her (I know, I'm biased) but then couldn't stand her. She would talk about things that technically related to culture, but it was about American culture. These things were new to her (she acted like she just got off the plane, although her accent was nice and obviously she went to school here ) but those things were nothing new to us. She was bizarre.
    And she wanted to be so cool, she would brag about how she transported human remains on the plane as an archeology project and the issues she had with airport security.

agh. Thanx for letting me went :)

5. tchr4evr

tchr4evr Companion

May 12, 2014

History of the Blues
    Ancient Egyptian Poetry, Language and Art - I got to learn how to read and write hieroglyphics
    Passionate Imagination Fiction - All 18th and 19th century gothic literature
    Don't remember the actual name - but it was a class discussing all the weird stuff out there - UFOS, cryptids, ghosts, etc. WE used to go on ghost hunts on Saturday nights. The professor was insane--he actually had tin foil hats!

And of course all my theatre courses!

6. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

May 12, 2014

Nice!

That reminds me of another one of my favorite classes: Topography of Ancient Rome. For our final, we had to draw a map of the city from memory!

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 12, 2014

I didn't get to take any fun electives. :( If I had the extra money, I would take some additional college courses in history courses.

8. Ms_C

Ms_C Comrade

May 12, 2014

I could still do that by memory! I can't wait until the next time I can go back. The restoration on the Coliseum should be down. That was one of my favorite sites. I never got tired of seeing it.