Favorite Classroom Games

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by WaProvider, Dec 28, 2008.

1. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Dec 28, 2008

I saw this post in a different area, and I thought I would move it over here. The first days back to school are often tough for my crew: too much sugar, too many days w/o rules, so we start the days slow and finish with a bang. Good thing we are a full day program. I am looking for the your ideas as to what your favorite classroom game is. It doesn't have to be the out of the box type (given our rooms are young) but shopping would be easier if it was!! lol.

Thanks

3. EDUK8_ME

EDUK8_ME Cohort

Dec 28, 2008

My 4's like to play red light/green light, musical chairs, and they LOVE hide and seek.

4. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Dec 28, 2008

"Doggie Doggie, Where's Your Bone?" is always a fav for our Class and also the following.....:cool:
    -Shape Hunt (Inside the classroom, but outside is prefered)
    -Peanut Hunt (outside). I use to do this with my Pre-K class in CA. After they did it, they all sat on the ground, cracked the nuts up and ate them. They also learned to throw the shells away, and to pick up any extra mess that everyone made. Clean up as a team.:D
    -Bingo's always a BIG hit because the winner gets something from our GO BOX; (Box covered with GREEN paper) Depending on how many students play & who is going to CRY because he/she didn't win; the rules of the BINGO game varies.
    -Duck, Duck Goose
    -MEMORY GAME is one of my favorite ones. I've done so many diff varieties of it; numbers, alphabet, shapes, colors, animals, things, etc. IT's A BIG hit with the children too.
    -Freeze Dance to guitar music or any kind of music
    -Mirror Game; I pick someone to do some kind of movement and everybody else copies him/her. The person does 2 diff movements, then picks the next one, etc.
    -Who took the cookie from the cookie Jar?
    -Waste Basket Basketball, but using foil paper balls or tennis balls
    -Eggs in a carton; I have 4 different cartons filled with plastic eggs that are paired off according to their colors. I have the children take the eggs apart, then I start the game off. Whoever can put the eggs; snapped together with the right colors paired off; is the winner.:thumb:
    Enjoy,
    Rebel1

5. PennStateCutie

PennStateCutie Companion

Dec 28, 2008

My kids were ALL OVER the "snowball game" that we played a couple times during the days leading up to break. I used this game with my 3s and 4s. I used pieces of scrap paper (quartered-up pieces of computer/printer paper that had been misprinted on the one side or something)...On each scrap, I wrote down a letter, number, color, or shape that has been introduced to the group. Each child got several chances to identify one of the flash cards. If he/she got it right, then she got to crumple it into a snowball & throw it into the garbage can!

6. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Dec 28, 2008

Ha, hope the bigger sibs keep their homework put away. lol. love it.

7. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Dec 28, 2008

PennStateCutie, that is the type of teacher created game that I love.

8. PennStateCutie

PennStateCutie Companion

Dec 28, 2008

Thanks so much! The best thing about it is that it takes so little preparation & is a great game for reinforcing and practicing! It's also great for strengthening their hand/arm muscles with the crumpling action (something I know that we don't get in enough of!!) :cool: