favorite alarm sound

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by teacherSMK, Aug 21, 2012.

1. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Aug 21, 2012

:whistle: I know the topic is almost an oxymoron, but I am curious as to which ringtones everyone likes to use for their alarm on their phone.

During the summer I have been using an acoustic version of "crazy train"

What do you wake up to on school days?:cool:

3. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Aug 21, 2012

I have no idea what it is, but it's soothing. I have a loud song as the last "back up" alarm, but otherwise loud and obnoxious alarms put me in a grumpy mood every time!

4. HistTchr

HistTchr Habitué

Aug 21, 2012

I just like using the annoying ringing sound. That is enough to get me out of bed, because I can't take the sound of it!

5. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

Aug 21, 2012

U2's "Bullet the Blue Sky." I used to have "Where the Streets Have No Name" but the long intro never seemed to get me out of bed.

I would use one of my favorite punk songs like the Ramones's "I Wanna Be Sedated" or "London's Burning" by The Clash, but those songs annoy my wife.

I need to burn a cd that has "Brain Stew" by Green Day. She likes that song for some reason.

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 21, 2012

Right now I've got the default ringtone for all my calls, but I like to differentiate them...I usually put a Barry White song for dh.

I don't use the alarm on my phone to wake up...I have an uncanny ability to wake up right before the alarm clock buzzes...

7. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 21, 2012

I don't care if my alarm is a beep or the radio. As long as I have the volume loud enough to wake me up.

8. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Aug 21, 2012

Church bells!

9. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Aug 21, 2012

None. I want to sleep in;)

My boyfriend has some little jingle on his phone. I like it because it starts soft and gets louder. If something is just loud it actually frightens me awake. I wake up suddenly, sitting up in bed, heart pounding... not a good way to start my morning!!:)

10. Bella2010

Bella2010 Habitué

Aug 21, 2012

A rooster crowing. It's so annoying - there's no way I can sleep through it.

Beth

11. orangetea

orangetea Connoisseur

Aug 21, 2012

I don't think I have a favorite alarm sound. My dad bought me this alarm clock a few years ago that is extremely annoying, but I use it because it wakes me up. When the alarm sounds, birds start chirping, and they get louder and louder until you are forced to wake up. Also, while the birds chirp, a bright yellow sun emerges out of the clock so you pretty much have to wake up.

12. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Aug 21, 2012

I use Madonna, Rain. My second alarm is the 007 theme. My third alarm is Nirvana. I try not to need the third one, but getting up at 4am doesn't come naturally to me: that's bedtime!

13. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Aug 21, 2012

a loop of "The Dark Side is call you"

14. bison

bison Habitué

Aug 22, 2012

I wouldn't use any noises or songs I really like because I'd grow to hate them! I change my alarm to different ones on my phone every few months because I become immune to them after a while. I'm not a morning person. :angel:

15. ShellyAve

ShellyAve Rookie

Aug 22, 2012

I use the rooster alarm on my Android, it the one alarm I can't ignore and can't confuse for anything else. What else does a rooster signify other then "WAKE UP!"? :p

16. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Sep 3, 2012

I found TobyMac's "Made to Love You" on Zedge...I am loving waking up to that song!

17. Em_Catz

Em_Catz Devotee

Sep 3, 2012

I don't know the name of it, but I used to have this annoyingly cute ring tone that had two women and they'd sing, "Good morning...good morning..." then it goes, "Buh ba ba da GOOD MORNING GOOD MORNING! Buh ba ba da da da da Good Morning, it's a beautiful day!" over and over.

It didn't jar me awake but it was annoying enough that I wouldn't want to keep hitting snooze.

Unforunately my new phone doesn't have it.

Now i juse use a buzzer sound

18. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Sep 3, 2012

I sleep right through songs, so I use the most annoying beep available on my phone... and set the volume as high as it will go.

(I forgot to turn the alarm off for this morning, so at 5AM, it woke me up. The phone was downstairs!)