Fascinated with privates

Discussion in 'Behavior Management' started by Greent, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Greent

Greent Rookie

Oct 30, 2014

Children and their privates

I have a 5year old who is constantly having an issue keeping her hands to herself. She will go up to other teachers and students and talk about breasts and nipples, even go as far as touching them. This is a weekly occurrence.. I have tried answering her questions about why grown ups are bigger than hers and hoping knowing what she wanted would stop this behavior however it has not ended neither the touching nor talking about. I do not want to punish her every time she says the word or touches but I'm running out of options. I have sat down with her and told her that it is not acceptable to touch other peoples private areas, and that we keep our hands to ourself. Has anyone else experienced this issue this persistent?

3. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Oct 31, 2014

Unfortunately, this raises a red flag that someone may be abusing her.

Have you spoken to the parents?

4. Greent

Greent Rookie

Oct 31, 2014

Re:

I don't want to jump to that conclusion. I have discussed with the parents. They know she has lots of questions about babies and how they are made. Parents do not see the touching behavior as much as they witness the questions about the body.

5. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Oct 31, 2014

I feel your pain. I have one that is constantly getting people in trouble because he says they are touching him. They are all bold face lies. The first time he did it I was teaching and the kid that he mostly tattles on was sitting behind him. There was no way he could have gone around to his front and touched him without me seeing it. Almost on a daily basis he tells me that someone is looking, touching him in his privates. He talks about sexy things all the time. I have spoken with the principal, and an outside counselor that he has. ( mom asked for the outside counselor on her own for his behavior from another school district) At this point we are watching him extremely close. I am extremely frustrated with this child and his behaviors.

6. LisaLisa

LisaLisa Companion

Nov 1, 2014

I'd document everything. You may need to contact CPS, regardless of what the parents are telling you.

Be direct. Tell her no. Have her tell you why it is not polite, etc. to touch others.

7. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Nov 1, 2014

This is absolutely not normal. If my child was in this class and was touched more than one time, I would be very upset and would consider pressing charges. Contact child protective services now and let them investigate. If they don't find anything, I'd still be alert to anything she says or does. It is normal to have questions, but the fact that she is continuing to ask and touch is very concerning. My own kids have had questions, but they don't touch other people and I've never had a student do it repeatedly.

8. Dr Kevlar

Dr Kevlar Rookie

Nov 11, 2014

Have you discussed this with the school psychologist? I agree that this behavior is definitely a red flag. In the meantime I would continue to redirect this young lady and also continue to document the behavior.