Farm Theme Ideas

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by cdowdell, May 1, 2008.

1. cdowdell

cdowdell Companion

May 1, 2008

We are going to the farm next Fri. and I need some farm ideas!!! Specifically writing, craft, and math!

3. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

May 1, 2008

I have used the book Color Farm in our Farm unit. After reading the book the kids make animals using different shapes and colors. We made a bulletin board with the animals they made. They learned about different animals, shapes, and colors all at the same time.

4. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

May 1, 2008

5. little317

little317 Groupie

May 1, 2008

Thanks for the link GlendaLL! Michaels also has some foam stampers for 49 cents each. I bought a bunch of animal stampers, most were farm animals. I use them in my art center and the kids love them!

6. MrH

MrH Rookie

May 1, 2008

We made ice cream, and talked how the ice cream comes from the farm to the store.

To make the ice cream, we used a huge foldgers coffee can, and inside that we put a smaller coffee can surrounded by ice (& rocksalt) In the small coffee can we put all of the ingredients. Then we rolled the big can with everything in it back and forth across our big circle. The ice cream turned out great! The only bad thing is that it took a good 20 minutes for the ingredients to freeze.

7. AMK

AMK Aficionado

May 2, 2008

I had the children make patterns using farm animal stamps I had.

Writing: I had the children make a web of things that they see at a farm. Some wrote words, some drew pictures and some did both.